cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

rian222
Journeyman III

2nd Monitor Stopped Working

I've been using these two monitors for a while now, easily over a year. The first is the AOC AGON AG493UCX 49" Curved Gaming monitor and the second is a 27" ASUS VG248 turned vertically on the right side of my first monitor. Both are plugged in via DisplayPort to my Radeon RX 580 GPU. Additionally, the 49" AGON has a software KVM that I have plugged into my work laptop using USB-C. I can switch between inputs using the remote (this still works fine). I've successfully used this setup with all of these components for over a year.

Somewhat recently (a month or two, I procrastinated fixing this) I installed a graphics driver update or something and the 27" ASUS monitor just stopped working. When it's on, I get an error message about "The system has detected a link failure..." and some bad stuttering/flickering that makes the desktop almost completely unusable. If I turn off the 27" monitor the problem goes away and everything else works fine.

I thought maybe the cable was bad since that was what the error alluded to
, so I ordered a new DP cable, but it didn't change anything.

Computer/driver specs, configuration, and error messages are listed in screenshots.

I'm kinda at a loss about what to do. Any advice?

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

0 Likes
0 Replies