cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

nasrin13
Adept I

Wondering more about Hybrid Crossfire

Hi sir, i need to know more about amd hybrid crossfire, in my story hybrid crossfire is known for combination of apu and gpu, BUT i wonder, will it come along if i have 2 gpu, as example

2. Im having amd a8-3870k cpu and im gonna hybrid it with HD 6670 gpu and another HD 6670, are the hybrid crossfire will detect both of my GPU or only one of them, OR it will detect as GPU crossfire(Dual GPU)

Thats all agent. 
Tqvm for replying. 
0 Likes
7 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

You can hybrid crossfire the A8-3850 APU with HD 6670/6570/6450 GPU, depending on your use case it might not be a good idea to triple crossfire, especially in 2023 where multi-GPU setups are not ideal.

What are you planning to use the PC for? your hardware is over a decade older, do you have any plans to upgrade? assuming you're on a budget, check out this AMD blog on putting together a budget build Stepping into PC Gaming: Entry Gaming PCs - AMD Community

Updates,

I was upgrading an old pc just for learning and practice, other than i just play old game for fun,

the motherboard was fm1 socket and have a4 3300, im thinking of upgrade the cpu and by the time, i came across a news about crossfire with the CPU that i chose which is a8 3870k. 

Days after days my hardware that i order arrive 

1. A8-3870k

2.Ram 8gb 1866mhz(2x)

3.Single gpu 6670 HD

Moving on, i install everything, boot up smooth, but there is no option for crossfire,  and im running on Win10 pro, idk if thats really the reason for the cause. 

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

If you already have the components you have nothing to lose by giving it a try.  If it don't work just remove the third card.  

Keep us posted on your outcome.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

i, ve made the decision to just hybrid crossfire since i lack of experience, ssry

0 Likes
edthaktarman
Journeyman III

Hybrid Crossfire is a technology developed by AMD that allows a computer system to use both its integrated graphics processor and a discrete graphics card simultaneously to improve its graphical performance.

The technology works by using the integrated graphics processor in conjunction with the discrete graphics card to handle the processing of graphics-intensive applications. This can result in better performance and a smoother experience when running games or other applications that require a lot of graphical processing power.

Hybrid Crossfire is typically used in desktop computers that have an AMD chipset and an AMD graphics card. To use the technology, the user must enable it in the computer's BIOS settings and install the appropriate drivers.

Overall, Hybrid Crossfire is a useful technology for improving the graphical performance of a computer system without the need for expensive upgrades.

www.ballsportsgames.com

Laptops have been using it for years.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
nasrin13
Adept I

All is well, i just reinstall all amd driver, and installed it properly, after all the big mistake i make is not forcing integrated gpu in bios, which is if its auto, it will only detect my discreted gpu, thanks all, i finnaly able to crossfire a8-3870k with singgle 6670 hd

0 Likes