cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Visiting an old build

My wife and I drove up to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania a few days ago (20-22 September 2023) to visit our daughter and her spouse.   We really wanted to see her first house (not new house, as it's 123 years old!); I brought up a computer desk and an old 1080p monitor for her to use in a 'game room' up on the 2nd story of this 3 story (plus basement) duplex house.  Valerie is using a build I assembled (called Monolith) back in November 2018, but it's still going strong with it's Ryzen 2700 CPU and AMD Vega 64 video card.  Her APC UPS has dead batteries, so it's really only a surge protector at this point, but at least she now knows to replace those batteries when they go south like they have.  The house has been renovated quite a bit with new electrical wiring and central air-conditioning.  The street is cobble stones so nobody will be racing their cars on that road.  We visited the Philadelphia Museum of Art with her and enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the city during this 2-day visit.  It's nice to see stuff you built several years ago still in operation.

That's my wife Sandra in front of Valerie's house, which is the white part on the left.That's my wife Sandra in front of Valerie's house, which is the white part on the left.

Valerie trying out the new computer desk and second monitor.  Oh, I brought up a keyboard too.Valerie trying out the new computer desk and second monitor. Oh, I brought up a keyboard too.

Flowers I suppose...Flowers I suppose...

This is a Renoir painting.This is a Renoir painting.

Oysters on the half-shell in downtown Philly.Oysters on the half-shell in downtown Philly.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
5 Replies
eebiii
Forerunner

My mouth is watering when I see those oysters. My favorite!!!!

Hard pass from me. Tried Oysters numerous ways. Just can't do it. Clams, mussels and scallops? GIMME. 

So I'll give you first dibbz on my portion of the oysters. 😉

Performance over Pretty.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I like mussels and scallops, but not clams!  My wife likes them however.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

That's a beauty of a home. And of course, there has to be a PC setup - that's what fathers are for! 😁

Axxemann
Forerunner

That is one happy kidlet, Al. Ya done gooder!

Performance over Pretty.