Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

HoneyPossum
Journeyman III

RX 580 Not Detected By PC

Hello!

I'm attempting to upgrade a free PC that I was given (this is also a first build for me). The PC is a HP Prodesk 600 G1 SFF with an Intel i5-4570 CPU, mini-atx 18e7 motherboard and running Windows 10.
I how moved this to a new case, installed 16gb DDR3 1600Mhz, 750W PSU and a RX 580 graphics card.

The issue I'm having is that no matter what I try, the PC cannot detect the graphics card.
I've looked for hidden devices under device manager, reinstalled Windows 10, used DDU to remove current drives and then run the AMD driver software however I repeatedly get error-173.

I'm a bit lost at this point and I don't have access to another PC or graphics card to check if the graphics card is the problem.Any help or suggestions would be immensely appreciated!

2 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Try uninstalling the Adrenalin drivers and rebooting to see if Windows finds the RX 580 GPU and installs a generic driver.  According to the AMD website, the latest 24.9.1 Adrenalin driver should support the RX 580 GPU; I'm not sure the previous Adrenalin version did.  You could also go back to a much earlier Adrenalin driver, but first see if Windows can identify the GPU without the Adrenalin software being installed.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
FunkZ
Grandmaster

You may want to check with HP Support to see if that SFF board supports an add-in graphics card. There may be a BIOS setting that needs changed to switch from the IGP of the processor to the discrete slot.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/product-specs/hp-prodesk-600-g1-small-form-factor-pc/5387447

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT