cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

My Rig ... A Work In Progress

A year ago on this day I celebrated my 52nd birthday...

And when Tax Return Season hit I decided no more HOT HP Laptop for this dude...

I wanted something I could at least use to design and modify graphics, play games and surf the web.

With prices at the time being the lowest I had seen I decided to do something.

First my daughter's PC was using a 2400G but it just wasn't doing well with games like Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege and other titles so I bought her a Ryzen 5600X paired with her Gigabyte motherboard and nVidia 1660 super... it worked out great!

BUT what to do with the 2400G?

Well I bought myself a Gigabyte B550M motherboard, XPG Gaming S7 1TB nvme drive, 32GB of Crucial Ballistix memory, and a SAMA PC Case. I also picked up a Asus 27" IPS Monitor with Freesync.

It might not be much but it's a PC and I am happy with how it works!

AMD_Ryzen_2400G_3.jpgAMD_Ryzen_2400G_2.jpgAMD_Ryzen_2400G.jpg

8 Replies
M0T1VE8
Adept I

Make a NAS with the 2400G.  What cpu cooler is that?  Looks great for a small form factor.  

The cooler is an ID Cooling low profile ... wanted something other than stock.

The 2400G isn't over clocked but it's stable when I play ESO and other games like Mad  Max.

0 Likes
stephenhatfield
Journeyman III

Love the Batman logo on the front of the case.

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hi @EastCoastModz , everyone! 

Thank you for sharing the pictures of your rig! By the way happy birthday! 

We are running a monthly contest called Rig of the Month. It will run for the entire year, so no rush. So, if you are interested, be sure to check out this article: Rig of the Month and Rig of the Year: How it Works.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

@@Sam_AMD I would love to reply and post but I keep getting a flooding error for 600 seconds or 21600 seconds.

Tried all day yesterday got the same msg every time ...

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I'm assuming that you're running Windows 10 on that new build with the old CPU.  What are your plans when Microsoft no longer supports Windows 10?  I bet the CPU is powerful enough to run the Windows 11 OS, but Microsoft currently stops you from loading it on the older CPUs due to their secure boot constraints.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

To answer your question...

Windows 11 isn't supported on 1st or 2nd Gen Ryzen Processors.

I also have 'automatic' updates turned off. I check updates once a month, at the end of the month, to see if any updates are needed.

My plans for this year is to use the Asus Tuf Gt501 Gaming Case I currently have, A Ryzen 5600G processor (need to purchase), 32 GB of DDR4 memory (currently have) and a Asus Tuf 570 Plus Motherboard (need to purchase). I have some mods I will be adding to the case as well as A-RGB case fans for a more dynamic look.

As for Windows 11?? For now Windows 10 has worked well for me. Much like when Windows 8 stopped supporting older graphics card drivers is when I switched to Windows 10.

So for now it will be Windows 10 and a Ryzen 5600G until prices come down on graphics cards.

Thanks for you comments.

JBooth79
Adept I

Lower shroudLower shroud20211205_134911 (2).jpg20211205_134755.jpg20211205_134807 (2).jpg20211205_134938 (2).jpgFB_IMG_1646432832915.jpgFB_IMG_1646432821488 1.jpg