Rig of the Month and Rig of the Year Contest: How it Works

Sam_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager
22 0 6,255

1154365-rig-banner-670x200.jpg

Happy New Year, Red Team!

Let’s start 2022 with a contest!

First, I’d like to take a moment to thank all the Red Team members who have posted pictures of their gaming rigs in the Red Rig Showcase. Your rigs look awesome. My personal favorite? The ZAKU II build by @alexkywalker. I love gunpla, and Zaku is one of my favorite characters from the Gundam universe.

For a while, and seeing how you are passionate about building, customizing, and sharing pictures of your gaming rig, I thought why not do something special for you?

That’s how the Rig of the Month (and Rig of the Year)* contest has come about. A contest where the AMD staff together with the Red Team community will select and reward a winner every month of the year for sharing your rig with us.

Here is how it works:

Every month, you are welcome to submit up to 6 pictures of your gaming rig/PC, along with a description and the specifications. Be sure the pictures are clear, high res, and not out of focus. This is your official entry into the contest.

Entries must be submitted by the 15th day of the month. Note, weeks start on Sundays at 12:01 am CST and end on Saturdays at 12:01 pm CST.

Registered Red Team members can vote for their favorite entries by the end of the 18th day of the month by clicking on the “Like” button. This is how the top 3 entries are selected – by the community!

The top three entries, those with the most “likes” will be announced within seven days from the 18th day of each month. These will be judged by the AMD staff using the following criteria:

• Quality: When looking at the rig, we’ll ask ourselves questions like “does the rig have any scratches?”, “Is it dusty or dirty?”, “Are parts dangling inside the case?”, etc.
  • Design: “Is the rig themed after a known character, movie, story, game, book, etc? If so, how well does it match?”, “Do the keyboard, monitor, and mouse match the case?”.
  • Cable management: "Are all the cables inside the rig nicely organized, tied, sorted together?"
  •  Customization: "Does the rig feature a special cooling fan(s), custom paint job, and/or logos/symbols? Does the case have a special compartment for the power unit or cooling system? Any special lighting (inside and outside) of the case? Any LEDs?

The winner of the month will be announced by the last day of the month.

That’s it, that’s how it works…but wait, it gets better…

At the end of the year, after 12 winners have been selected and rewarded, the AMD staff will select the best out of the 12 winners. This will be the Rig of the Year winner, who will be rewarded with the grand prize!

Speaking of prizes, here is the scoop; the winner of the month gets the following:

• A Gift Box, filled with a Hat, a T-shirt, and two Sticker Sheets. And…this month (January 2022), an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G processor. (Note, moving forward, for the Rig of the Month, we will have different hardware in the box, it could be a CPU, a GPU, or something by our partners – so be sure to stay tuned).
  • We’re also going to give the winner a special avatar and/or icon. And…we will feature your rig (the pictures, description, and your username) on select pages on AMD.com. How’s that for exposure?

The winner of the Rig of the Year will get the following grand prize:

• A new PC Gaming Desktop featuring an AMD Ryzen CPU and an AMD Radeon GPU, as well as a gaming 34” ultrawide monitor, keyboard, and mouse. And a virtual high-five from the AMD Community Management Team!

Before I forget, please keep the below reminders in mind when submitting your rig:

• Please, be sure to update your profile, including your biography. Having your first and last name, and your address will help us process your submission much faster, especially if you are a winner. Your biography will come in handy when we will put the spotlight on you, by featuring your rig on the select pages on AMD.com.
  • Be sure to include the specifications of your rig, starting with your CPU and GPU.
  • Be sure your email address is current and working since we will use email to contact you if you are a winner. Plus, to play it safe, we will send you a private message too.
  • Last but not least, some of you may not see the Blog Dashboard with the “New Article” link:

Capture.PNG

This is because you may have not verified your email address during the registration process or haven’t logged in for a while. But don’t panic! If this is the case for you, simply send me (Sam_AMD) a private message or an email to community.moderator@amd.com with subject line: ROTM Help.

Useful Links:

1. Click here to learn how to submit your entry.
  2. Click here to submit your entry.
  3. Click here to check out the official rules.

I can’t wait to see your rigs Red Team! Thank you all and Good Luck! 

Wait, to close, here’s some legal stuff:

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older. Ends 12/31/2022. To Enter and for Official Rules, including prize descriptions, visit https://community.amd.com/t5/sweeps-and-contest-rules/amd-rig-of-the-month-and-rig-of-the-year-conte.... Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

Tags (2)