cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Hiramabiff
Challenger

Memory QVL question

I ordered my memory today. I utilized the qvl to order it. 

Now I didn't realize that the qvl changed when I specified white until after and I was looking at my receipt. 

I ordered CMP32GX5M2X7000C34W

what I thought I ordered was CMP32GX5M2X7000C34

I used this qvl from asrock

ASRock > X670E Taichi Carrara

will this work or do I have to return it?

AsRock x670E Taichi Carrara, 6 tb of WD850 Black, CORSAIR - DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 32GB, 7800x3d, XFX - Mercury AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Magnetic Air
3 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Are you suggesting that the Qualified Vendors List (QVL) had the black memory sticks and they didn't list the white version, which is the one your ordered?  I would expect them to be identical in performance and therefore you have nothing to worry about.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

That’s exactly it.  The only difference in the qvl is the last letter is a w on the white one. Otherwise the numbers match exactly 

AsRock x670E Taichi Carrara, 6 tb of WD850 Black, CORSAIR - DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 32GB, 7800x3d, XFX - Mercury AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Magnetic Air

Give it a go, and worst case scenario return it and get the correct dimms from the QVL if it isn't stable.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB