Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Luximo1
Adept I

Lenovo PC case upgrade

Hi,

This is my PC (desktops and all in ones :: legion series :: legion t5 26amr5 :: 90rb :: 90rb0029us :: mj0j1x8l Leno...)

I recently bought an AMD 7900 graphic card and it turns out it didn't fit in my stock case, I am looking to upgrade to a bigger case, any recommendations for a bigger PC case I can upgrade to replace my stock one...? 🤔

I already upgraded my PSU (850W), processor (5700G) and RAM (24G) but the new GPU didn't fit in... 😥 

I am new at this so I am hoping to swap to any new bigger case myself so I can learn. 😎

Luximo_1
1 Solution
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

There are so many options out there, but here's a thread I started earlier this year for some PC Case recommendations for an AM5 build. Obviously, you'll have to work with whatever budget you have, but there are some good suggestions in there!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

There are so many options out there, but here's a thread I started earlier this year for some PC Case recommendations for an AM5 build. Obviously, you'll have to work with whatever budget you have, but there are some good suggestions in there!

So cases from this list (Choose A Case - PCPartPicker) from your thread, I can swap out everything from my old PC case to any cases from that thread...?

Luximo_1
0 Likes
rtbh99
Challenger

double check that you arent running a proprietary motherboard, you may end up needing to buy a motherboard, and possibly a cooler depending on case construction. prebuilts cut a lot of corners in weird spots lol. it may be cheaper to exchange the gpu for a different model 7900

edit: i checked out the parts of the prebuilt and it looks like you have a standard micro-atx motherboard. i cant tell if the cooler mounts to the case or not, so a new cooler might be a good idea too.

---
lets talk about rtbh99

The cooler isn't mounted to case...😥

Luximo_1
0 Likes

So do I go for PC cases that can support standard micro-atx motherboard...? or something else...?

Luximo_1
0 Likes

You could also rebuild the 7900XT as a water cooled board, there are plenty of aftermarket manufacturers that have custom parts, for that.

Look fire...😎

Luximo_1
0 Likes

Corsair air 5200

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB