cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

SubtleIQ
Adept III

It Starts...

I know I have been making comments about upgrading my 2015 gaming rig.  Well it starts now...not sure how long it will take but first piece is on the way...

https://www.lg.com/hk_en/monitor/lg-27gp850-b

I couldn't figure out what screenshot size was allowed. So link is above.  

Basically:

2560x1440 27in

IPS 1ms

HDR10...

165hz Overclockable to 180hz

AMD Freesync & Nvidia G Sync

um yeah I could keep listing but that should do.

Link totally gives you every nice detail/features it has for those looking for more depth.

Basically in the end I went with price point.  Since what I really wanted ...prices start a twice what I paid.  (240hz...is one thing I let go for price)

 The next piece will probably be a custom case I working on getting built.  So might be a little while before I can post a link.

Michael Alan Horton
9 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Congrats on the first piece of the journey. I want to upgrade my secondary 1080p monitor to either another 1440p monitor or OLED, but I'm thinking the sizes of the OLEDs are still too big for me.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
red5
Miniboss

I just bought the LG 27GL83A-B last month at Microcenter when I got my 6900XT, but I haven't even unboxed it yet. Hopefully it's as good as they say.  Good luck on the rest of the build.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

We have used numerous LGs in the past, both in Labs and at events. They're good! 

I have to ask, what other components are you planning to upgrade/purchase?

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

Lol I glad you asked Sam, I was going to start a whole new post, but your question saves me reason to.

AMD Ryzen 5900x (not concrete)

Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master

(Concrete, have been a proud buyer and user of Gigabyte for over 20 years)

G Skill Ripjaw V Series 32gb ddr4 4400

(pretty concrete unless I can get more and faster than 4400, not likely $140)

Scythe Fuma 2 Rev B CPU Air Cooler

Video card...well still waiting to see if I was lucky enough to win The Halo card.

And due to budget I am placing on myself, since most the items are not budget based

Western Digital Blue SN570

The fact it still achieves min 3500mb reads you can't be the price.  Cause at the end of the day after you installed everything....reads speeds matter most.

Though honestly this is so subject to change since I know AMD is releasing New stuff later this year.

Michael Alan Horton

Sounds like you're about to have an absurdly fun time, @SubtleIQ lol

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes

I agree with @GreatnessRD, you are going to have lots of fun when done. When are you planning to finish the upgrade?

I've owned a few WD drives and SSD in the past and never had an issue. Good choice! 

About the monitor, have you considered a curved gaming 34" monitor? I have one, and will never look back again LOL. For example, check out the Gigabyte G34WQC

• 34" 3440 x 1440 VA Display
  • 144Hz Refresh Rate, 1ms (MPRT) Response Time
  • Immersive Ultrawide Aspect Ratio 21:9
  • Native 1500R Curvature
  • Smooth Gameplay with AMD FreeSync Premium
  • Studio Grade VESA Display HDR400 and 90% DCI-P3 (120% sRGB) Color Gamut
  • Ergonomic Design with Tilt and Height Adjustments
  • Low Blue Light & Flicker-Free
  • VESA Wall Mount Compatible 100x100mm
  • 2x 2W Speakers
  • 2x DisplayPort 1.4, 2x HDMI 2.0
Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

Update...

instead of the WD Blue...

I just had to get WD Black 2TB SN850...was on special for $180...crazy awesome deal...

Also probably going wait see on AMD releases later this year,

Ram changing to:...

G Skill TridentZ RGB Series 16GB DDR4 4600 F4-4600OC19D-16GTZRE 129.99

Michael Alan Horton

Dear AMD Santa,

I mean Sam and Amber...I have been on this crazy planet for over 50 years, and of course I have had tons of experiences and memories throughout the years.  *cough 'Back in the day' *  I was one of the few people  to surf and witness the birth of the Internet. So some of the events in my life have been sad and some happy, and other's fall into various other categories.  There is one category though that you discover in life... that has multiple entry's, but for many different reasons.  This category even though emotions are invovled,  requires an action...Crying.  The weird thing though, the dictionary describes cry/crying with these words: grief or suffering usually with tears.

I would like to inform you and others that this over 50 year old man, is crying as he is posting this,
and it is definitely not grief or suffering and even though it is an entry in the category of Crying...these are expressly tears of happiness and disbelief in your generosity and kindness. I do not know how to thank you properly for the awesome cpu components that you are blessing me with to finish my upgrade.

Except to simply say Thank You Very Kindly and God Bless.

Will make a complete update super soon....
Michael Alan Horton
vialli100
Forerunner

Good choice on the monitor, I purchased the 32" version of that monitor..

I would say it's the best I have had and I've had a good few..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes