cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

jaandoh
Challenger

Issue with Icue software

I've noticed a very strange issue with my icue software. 

It is do to with ram memory portion of the icue... 

What happens on boot up is that it kind of conks out but doesn't crash as such, it seems to be having problems detecting the ram. 

There was a message popped up once, and ONCE only, it stated something to the point of saying that my memory was running on XMP but not... 

So I have corsair ram similar to the one in the photo below...

But it is 48gb (2x24) in 6000mhz not 5200mhz as in the photo..

And XMP is NOT on, settings are vanilla right now, in fact I think it's running at 4800mhz... So when the icue conks out one of the sticks rgbs don't change and it just stays whatever colour, and the other one follows the icue program looks... Windows, bios nor any other program complains about this issue, so I put it down to the icue... 

It's doesn't actually crash the pc or anything, the pc just runs, whatever you throw at it.. 

And I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue?.. 

Screenshot_20240209_183019_com.opera.browser.jpg

3 Solutions
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Sorry for the late reply but Corsair does not follows the standard as RGB is concerned and they will never do because they use special hubs for control not ARGB headers, however, there some plugins that allow control for third parties.

Example: Armoury Crate can control Corsair "stuff" with that plugin if you happen to have an ASUS board.

MSI mystic light used to support jRGB and Corsair stuff, give it a go if you have MSI board.

As for iCue problems, have you power cycled the entire system? I mean take the ram out and unplug the PSU for about 5min. Thats what I do when they are skipping a beat.

There is an article in the community for RGB thats worth reading.

https://community.amd.com/t5/pc-building-how-to-articles/how-to-rgb-your-gaming-pc/ta-p/601881 

The Englishman

View solution in original post

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

check out openRGB it'll do all your RGB from different manufacturers. It should cut out the problems. Icue has always been buggy and a resource hog for me.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I just installed iCUE yesterday on my new build 'World of Tanks', and I'm using the new LINK fans & AIO with the LINK hub.  Once I had the connections figured out, I was impressed with linking the fans together and with iCUE's ability to even control individual fans in the sequence.  I actually love the iCUE software.

Playing World of Tanks - Blitz on my World of Tanks build.Playing World of Tanks - Blitz on my World of Tanks build.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

13 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

iCUE has been known to cause all sorts of issues. Are you using it to sync the lighting with other Corsair components like fans or an AIO cooler?

If not, I would uninstall it and use your motherboard RGB software to control the memory lighting.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
jaandoh
Challenger

Hi and thank you for your advice. 

I have uninstalled it just today, after coming across these threads, on the corsair forums and one thread on reddit ... 

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/184617-corsair-icue-5-corrupting-spd-data-on-ram-modules/

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/explorer/diy-builder/memory/what-should-i-do-if-i-get-a-warning-dram-i...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Corsair/comments/13i96u1/dont_use_icue_5_with_amd_systems/?rdt=57742

I've also posted on the corsair forums just in case I have to rma the ram... 

Yes I was using the corsair command module to control cpu cooler fans and rgb (icue cappelix 360mm) the 3 RGB case fans on the front of my corsair 5000x case and the corsair RGB Ddr5 6000mhz 48gb ram (2x24gb)...

If the ram is found to be faulty or become corrupted by the icue app then that's exactly what I'll do (use the mobo RGB controller on the mobo)...

I'm kind of gutted too, because I only chose the corsair parts because of the reliability of the H100i RGB cooler in my old PC... 

Hoping there comes a day when there is an open standard for RGB lighting control that does not lock you into one manufacturer's proprietary format/software and allows cross-vendor compatibility. Corsair is certainly not the only one guilty of this.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
jaandoh
Challenger

I did come across this... 

https://openrgb.org/devices_0.9.html

But couldn't see RGB RAM  section in there... 

And the cooler wasn't supported as like you said its a proprietary format...

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Sorry for the late reply but Corsair does not follows the standard as RGB is concerned and they will never do because they use special hubs for control not ARGB headers, however, there some plugins that allow control for third parties.

Example: Armoury Crate can control Corsair "stuff" with that plugin if you happen to have an ASUS board.

MSI mystic light used to support jRGB and Corsair stuff, give it a go if you have MSI board.

As for iCue problems, have you power cycled the entire system? I mean take the ram out and unplug the PSU for about 5min. Thats what I do when they are skipping a beat.

There is an article in the community for RGB thats worth reading.

https://community.amd.com/t5/pc-building-how-to-articles/how-to-rgb-your-gaming-pc/ta-p/601881 

The Englishman

Cheers for that link, It was very informative!

I had no idea that there were different types of RGB lol... 

Shows how long it is since I built a pc 

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

check out openRGB it'll do all your RGB from different manufacturers. It should cut out the problems. Icue has always been buggy and a resource hog for me.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I just installed iCUE yesterday on my new build 'World of Tanks', and I'm using the new LINK fans & AIO with the LINK hub.  Once I had the connections figured out, I was impressed with linking the fans together and with iCUE's ability to even control individual fans in the sequence.  I actually love the iCUE software.

Playing World of Tanks - Blitz on my World of Tanks build.Playing World of Tanks - Blitz on my World of Tanks build.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

just wait until your link hubs stop showing up, or until some of your QX120 fans stop showing up. then, good luck getting them back.

oh, and i wouldn't update the firmware to your link hubs. it killed one of mine, and made my fans disappear from the other.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Ok, I'll avoid the firmware updates for now.

0 Likes

openrgb doesn't support hardly any corsair hardware, and certainly not their ddr4 or ddr5 ram.

corsair is garbage, sadly. some of their hardware would be good, if it wasn't fully locked into icue. icue is literally the worst software on the planet for controlling rgb, monitoring your hardware, etc. 

honestly, i would sell the ram and buy some g.skill or teamgroup ram, and then you can use openrgb to control the rgb lighting on it. while you're at it, dump any other corsair rgb components, so you can reinstall windows without icue (yes, you have to reinstall windows. uninstalling icue sadly does not actually remove icue from your system; it leaves a bunch of corsair services running and installed, and they eat up system resources like a fat hungry hog, and can cause instability to boot!)

I have tried for months to get my corsair ram rgb lighting to function correctly, but it would constantly disappear from icue, and the only solution I could find was to boot up with different ram installed, uninstall as much of icue as i possibly could, reinstall the ram, and then reinstall icue. then SOMETIMES it would detect the ram and let me control the rgb. but after a few days, or after changing anything in the system, it would suddenly disappear, leaving me with no control over my ram's rgb, once again.

not to mention, my overpriced QX120 fans have already (after about 3 months) started having LED's randomly die on them. i'm not even gonna bother trying to go through corsair for an RMA, because I know i'll just get more garbage hardware  that's going to struggle to stay in icue and be controllable at all.

jaandoh
Challenger

Well it looks power cycling did the fix...

I'll try out the. Mystic light too, when  I get around to opening the case again... 

Thank you for 

Thats good to hear.

I'm doing power cycles all the time, Armoury Crate is known to have.... temper tantrums. 🤣

But I like it anyway, as a good Father with lots of patience.

johnnyenglish_0-1708354692348.png

The Englishman
0 Likes