Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

WARhead85a
Adept I

high CPU utilisation

Hi,

why do i have such a high cpu utilisation for the adrenalin software....

my utilisation for the adrenalin software alone is ~10% and i have a 5800X3d with 32Gb of 3200 Mt/s CL14 ram on a X470 mainbord...bios up to date, windows also and newest driver with a 7800xt on a dual monitor setup

5 Replies
sapsinoi
Adept I

It would be good to say about which version of Adrenalin you have on your computer, and the driver versions.

Look here for an example "Package Contents::

https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/release-notes/rn-ryzen-chipset-6-07-22-037-.html

Then say when this happens, in idle or with several open applications.
I think it's a software problem, so an update for drivers and software is welcome.
You can check that various monitoring options are not activated, this always hangs on the cpu.

WARhead85a
Adept I

because i switched gpu from a vega64 3 days ago i updated everything from bios, chipset driver and gpu driver to the latest version. the gpu runs on the 24.7.1 version. i just saw yesterday, that my cpu utilisation for the "amd software: host application" is at a constant 9-10% even when idling on the desktop.

That is kind of weird.  You said that you were running two monitors - perhaps that plays into the higher utilization?  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

found a solution to my problem, but not the route cause. tried also runing with only one monitor, deactivating experience program, telemetry...other features aswell, nothing helped. now i DDU´ed the driver and installed it again, problem solved...only thing i found was, when following the process, that it was having some kind of problems with the ram ( hard-errors when reading or writing from ram) but also that is gone now....maybe just a weird program bug...

subasu
Journeyman III

I thought I had already posted, but I had prepared a message to try cleaning the video drivers with the famous ddu cleaner driver.
Yes, ddu is holy when changing drivers, especially after an appreciable difference between generations.

Have fun playing!