Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

WARhead85a
Adept I

high CPU utilisation

Hi,

why do i have such a high cpu utilisation for the adrenalin software....

my utilisation for the adrenalin software alone is ~10% and i have a 5800X3d with 32Gb of 3200 Mt/s CL14 ram on a X470 mainbord...bios up to date, windows also and newest driver with a 7800xt on a dual monitor setup

6 Replies
sapsinoi
Adept I

It would be good to say about which version of Adrenalin you have on your computer, and the driver versions.

Look here for an example "Package Contents::

https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/release-notes/rn-ryzen-chipset-6-07-22-037-.html

Then say when this happens, in idle or with several open applications.
I think it's a software problem, so an update for drivers and software is welcome.
You can check that various monitoring options are not activated, this always hangs on the cpu.

WARhead85a
Adept I

because i switched gpu from a vega64 3 days ago i updated everything from bios, chipset driver and gpu driver to the latest version. the gpu runs on the 24.7.1 version. i just saw yesterday, that my cpu utilisation for the "amd software: host application" is at a constant 9-10% even when idling on the desktop.

That is kind of weird.  You said that you were running two monitors - perhaps that plays into the higher utilization?  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

found a solution to my problem, but not the route cause. tried also runing with only one monitor, deactivating experience program, telemetry...other features aswell, nothing helped. now i DDU´ed the driver and installed it again, problem solved...only thing i found was, when following the process, that it was having some kind of problems with the ram ( hard-errors when reading or writing from ram) but also that is gone now....maybe just a weird program bug...

subasu
Journeyman III

I thought I had already posted, but I had prepared a message to try cleaning the video drivers with the famous ddu cleaner driver.
Yes, ddu is holy when changing drivers, especially after an appreciable difference between generations.

Have fun playing!

Harryporter123
Journeyman III

Thanks for sharing the below link. I was looking for it and finally got it from here.

https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/release-notes/rn-ryzen-chipset-6-07-22-037/

Hopefully my solution will here. 

0 Likes