cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Darkness_Angel
Adept III

First foray into watercooling, howd i do?

So my sons been bugging me to build him a water cooled PC ever since i started to build myself one.  I ended up giving him the first one i made.  7900xtx, 7950x, asus crosshair x670-E extreme, 32gb gskill 6000 EXP cl30, 2 nvme 1tb gen 4 drives, heatkiller reservoir 200, 2 heatkiller radiators 360-L, EK AM5 waterblock, EK GPU water block, 7 lian li AL fans, Lian Li 011D-eEvo white, 1000w seasonic titanium PSU.  its up and running, ive posted an issue or 2 i'm having in the support forums but no major issues just yet. 
I've oced and UVed the 7900xtx 1085 mv, 3300 mhz clock speed, fast timing for ram, power set to 115 percent.  Temps junction never go above 65ish.  I've started a witcher theme in the machine for him, got a hand painted witcher character inside, i have 3 7-11 inch swords from the show coming to add in the case, and i have some ARGB lights coming in (to brighten up the character and items while hiding the leds themselves).  I've modded the lettering on the touch screen, and also on the dot matrix display.  Its one of his famous sayings (hope its ok to post it here, if not please let me know and i can remove the picture of the matrix display.

Let me know your thoughts on how i did on my first water cooled build.  went into it knowing nothing, and i personally think it turned out well.animatrix_view.jpgfront.jpgoled.jpgside_view.jpgwitcher.jpg

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
Linux Administrator/Application administrator
Dpt. of Army Civilian, former ET NAV submarines U.S. Navy.
4 Replies
rtbh99
Challenger

looks really good! you did well on your first try

---
lets talk about rtbh99
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Hi @Darkness_Angel - great job on your first water-cooling PC!! I'm gonna be honest, I tried to build one on the PC builder game - and even that was a challenge so bravo!! 

Also, what a lucky son to receive such a PC that you outlined! Love the case choice and how clean everything is - awesome Witcher notes in there too 🙂 

May I ask what the tray is above your GPU with the light on it? Curious if that's cosmetic or if it's related to the water cooling process. 

Congrats again on a great build! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

SPic 1Pic 1Pic 2Pic 2Pic 3Pic 3So i've attaPic 4Pic 4ched a few pics as i'm not quite sure which piece your talking about.  Pic 1 is a picture of the water block on the CPU (can see the 2 pipes going in it, and the red fluid flowing through it, its an EKWB Velocity 2 CPU waterblock, its used in place of a AIO or CPU cooler), Pic 2 is the OLED screen built into the motherboard (i can have it say whatever i want, or set it to show temperatures, date, weather, time etc...), pic 3, if you'll see the CPU block again with the red fluid going through it and on the left side beside the words crosshair, is the ANIMATRIX Display also from the mother board (asus x670-e extreme 1k motherboard for all the bells and whistles plus better overclockability with VRMs and such), you can set preset animations on it, date/time, scrolling text, etc... programmed from asus software) and pic 4, i just installed some LED lights upfront to make Geralt a bit brighter, I have to show justice to the artists paintwork he done for me!

Any other questions please let me know.  I'd be glad to let you know, or if you ever decide to water cool, let me know i can show you the way haha.

v/r

Louis Imbrogno

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
0 Likes

Also i have some Geralt swords coming in, when they arrive, they will be in the case and i'll share some pictures of them.  I've also ordered a new PSU, and i'm awaiting to have custom cables made until that gets installed (MSI 1300W ATX 3.0 PSU).

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
0 Likes