cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Bus Clock Speed and SVM

I recently noticed my bus clock was not at 100mhz anymore causing my boost clock to no longer reach the frequency it once did.

I found my solution was to disable CPU virtualization in CPU BIOS settings as well as Spread Spectrum. For ASRock users it is labeled as SVM.

Now my CPU is back to boosting to 4.650ghz and all it took was toggling two items in BIOS. 

If anyone is having issues with bus clock not being at 100mhz this is what fixed it for me. Mileage may vary, but I hope this helps someone out there. I was scouring the internet for a reason my CPU would not hit the clocks it once did, and finding no solutions. 

Good luck friends and happy building.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
2 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

Did you disable the Spread Spectrum or enable it?  

I have always disabled it.  If you get a PSU with more power than you obviously need, disabling is the only way to go.  This is where I always had a dislike for Dell machines.  PSU was minimum power and Spread Spectrum is a must.  However when more power is required than the PSU can supply something has top suffer and performance suffers.  

As for the CPU virtualization, I'm not familiar with it in an MSI BIOS.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

From what I understand SVM is only useful when running VMs.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes