cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

HellhoundNL
Journeyman III

CPU Ryzen 5800X3D

So I have bought an Ryzen 5800X3D as a new CPU for my build. 

Now I don't want to OC, I never do it actually sometimes I dabble with the RAM Speed. 

Now I have an B550 MAG Tomahawk board, and with my current setup it sets every AMD overclocking on auto, PBO and that kind off stuff. 

My question: Should I turn those auto's off? And which options in the bios should I turn on or off for the 5800X3D?

1 Solution
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I have my Ryzen 5600 X3D computer set to auto on all CPU and memory settings with it's Asus B550 Plus WiFi II motherboard and it's running just fine.  If you select manual settings, then without knowing which ones are best for your particular CPU, it's going to take a while of hitting blue screens and things of this nature.  I recommend you leave everything set to auto if your system is stable and performing well in the benchmarks of your choice.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I have my Ryzen 5600 X3D computer set to auto on all CPU and memory settings with it's Asus B550 Plus WiFi II motherboard and it's running just fine.  If you select manual settings, then without knowing which ones are best for your particular CPU, it's going to take a while of hitting blue screens and things of this nature.  I recommend you leave everything set to auto if your system is stable and performing well in the benchmarks of your choice.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Solution SNAKED!

7aa1.gif

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...
lowteck
Miniboss

AMD recommends NOT overclocking the 5800X3D.

I would leave your Bios/Adrenaline settings to default.

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...
hawkmanw
Adept III

I am running the same rig you’re doing. Clear the BIOS after removing switching out your existing CPU. The MSI BIOS (UEFI) will automatically disable the CPU boost. (Don’t sweat it. The CPU will still boost itself). Enjoy your purchase but don’t do what I did and forget to enable Resizable BAR in BIOS. 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI B550 Tomahawk, XFX RX6950XT WB edition, 64G 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V