cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

SmurGaming
Journeyman III

CPU Ry zen 5 5600 heating issue

Hello everyone, I am facing a serious issue. I just bought a new PC everything is new Except GPU. but my CPU Ryzen 5 5600 is giving 90'C+ temp while playing GTA 5. I used MSI Afterburn software to check all temperatures. 

GPU 1660 Super - Temp around 50'C (FPS -60) fixed within game so doesn't go about it.

CPU Ryzen 5 5600 - Temp 90'C +

16 gb Ram Kingston Fury

Excavator CPU Cooler

Boost Tiger Casing with 3 RGB Fans installed (2 in front 1 in back)

PSU Silverstone Viva650 

1 tb hdd

512 gb sdd nvme

Please HELP. I bought my PC after alot of hardwork

0 Likes
3 Replies

your Ryzen 5600 Processor has a Maximum Operating Temperature of 90c. Which means it will start to throttle or slow down once the temp reaches or surpasses 90c.

So, basically your CPU is overheating if the temps goes past 90c.

Which means the first thing I would look at is your CPU Cooler.

Make sure it is installed correctly and the fan is running at Maximum speed when it getting hot. That it is making good tight contact with the surface of the Processor.

Also not sure the exact Excavator CPU Cooler you have but the one I saw had a TDP Rating of 105 Watts which I believe is under-powered for your 65 Watt TDP Processor.

Personally, I believe you will need a CPU Cooler rated at least 150 Watts or higher for your processor not to overheat under heavy loads.

Also check to see if you have poor air circulation inside your PC Case by removing the side panel and see if the CPU temps is slight lower then when it is closed.

In addition to @elstaci suggestions and tips, did you use any thermal paste? 

Also, this may not be the real cause, but try reducing any apps that may be running in the background. Look at your Task Manager, and disable any apps you don't need to launch at start-up).

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
Awol
Challenger

Id check thermal paste and cooler first. My previous build was the R5 5600X and even at full load my temps were nothing like yours. I used a CLC240 AIO for cooling and thermal grizzly paste.

Also check the bios and make sure nothing in there is causing issue.

X570 Aorus Elite / Ryzen 9 5900X / Sapphire Nitro+ RX6900 XT SE / 64GB Quad Kit Kingston Fury Black 3600MHZ CL16 / RM1000 X PSU