cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

liquide67
Journeyman III

Best CPU cooler Ryzen 9 7900x

Whats best easy install brackets  for Ryzen 9 7900x    with MSI Motar Mobo  ?  i couldnt get the CR-1400 jonsbo to fit the Am5   the brackets were not close at all... any recommends     Air cooled ones?  

Regards   liquide 67

0 Likes
10 Replies
Axxemann
Forerunner

Get the biggest AIO you can stuff into your case. Water>Air.

Performance over Pretty.

I prefer air cooling over AIO.  If you have a case with lots of 140 fans and keep air circulating and moving through that case The NOCTUA D15 would be my choice.  

It also depends on overclocking.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

Custom loop>AIO>Air. I will fight you over it 🤣

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes

Noctua fans are an amazing piece of hardware!

Bit on the expensive side but no regrets at all! So quiet and smooth.

The dual 140 fan NHD15 is an undisputable champ and one of the few that can rival AIO.
But the glass clearance can be a pain in some cases.

Went with the Ryujin All In One because the computer is RoG themed, but it also has an OLED screen, VRM fan and of course.. Noctua fans.

And its AM5 compatible so I'm good to go for the 7000 series 😀

The Englishman
FrankWoods
Journeyman III

I have mounted a Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm AIO and didn't like the mounting style.

I changed cases from the Lian Li Q58 to the SSUPD Meshilicious and with a little bit of work and a side panel extension managed to fit the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm in it... and I love it

I've use Arctic before and love their minimal styling and performance. For my 7900x the mounting was super easy (no back-plate change) and they have the added benefit of a slight offset to better cover the unique position of the CCDs. Also has a VRM fan. Not bad and they've got RGB versions and various sizes to fit your needs. This is my second one of this series (other one was a 360 in a bigger case) and have no complaints other than the water cables are stiff. Besides that I load in Noctua fans wherever I can and call it a day.

As for the other poster who replied with the Noctua DH-15...solid choice for air cooling!

Ryzen 9 7900X | Radeon 7900XTX
0 Likes

My next AIO will be an Arctic. But so will my fans. As awesome as Noctuas are, they're pugnaciously umbafugly. I've also been running Arctic fans for years. Best bang for the buck, and I don't really need RGB. If I do illumination, I'll probably do a simple LED strip in the case in a solid color.

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes

I feel you on the brown and tan, not everyone's favorite look. I use their redux or chromax line (black or gray) when I use them. I had an O11 Dynamic before so lots of fans to gawk at. Now that I've gone SFF I only have two case fans and those are only possible with a 3D-printed bracket. like you I don't go out of my way to do RGB but when I do have something colorful in the case I usually use it as a temp gauge. Easily visible indicator if something is off...

I like the arctics too though, and left them on the AIO.

0 Likes
FrankWoods
Journeyman III

I feel you on the brown and tan, not everyone's favorite look. I use their redux or chromax line (black or gray) when I use them. I had an O11 Dynamic before so lots of fans to gawk at. Now that I've gone SFF I only have two case fans and those are only possible with a 3D-printed bracket. like you I don't go out of my way to do RGB but when I do have something colorful in the case I usually use it as a temp gauge. Easily visible indicator if something is off...

I like the arctics too though, and left them on the AIO.

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

So basically you can use any AM4 compatible air cooler, which does not require it's own backplate since screw holes are in identical locations. The reason you can't use coolers which require their own backplate (instead of what comes with motherboard) is: 1) AM5 has integrated backplate which you can't detach/remove, so you have to use what comes with motherboard 2) threads in screwholes need to be compatible.

0 Likes

I'm running a 7700x while I wait for my 7950X3D which I have ordered, I am using a Noctua NHD-15, my system has noise detection for determining how loud the fans get while cooling and after setting a reasonable fan curve I get 28db - believe me unless you are extremely sensitive to sound you won't hear it. It also spends a lot of it's time at low RPM as the system never gets hot enough for it to kick in.