cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

ke7azd
Journeyman III

ASUS TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WiFi 6E Socket AM5 / Ryzen 9 7900x DDR5 Problems

SO, I have swapped out the motherboard and swapped out the ram twice. bench tested the MB and I am still getting a solid yellow LEd on the MB the manual says its the DRAM but I have swapped it out twice and I still get the error. One time I filled all 4 memory slots and still get the error. The only thing I have not swapped out is the CPU.  Would a bad CPU give me that error? I also tested a new power supply. I removed all the M.2 and SSd and hard drives

0 Likes
10 Replies

what is the RAM part number that you are trying to install?

Is lt listed on Asus QVL list for RAM: https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-x670e-plus-wifi/help...

Incompatible RAM would can cause the DRAM Trouble LED to light up.

Could be a bad CPU or Motherboard but first you need to be certain the RAM you have installed is compatible with the processor and Motherboard.

Have you tried doing first a CMOS CLEAR to set BIOS back to factory defaults to see if there is any change?

This is the latest Asus BIOS for your motherboard. If you have an older version try updating to the latest version: https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-x670e-plus-wifi/help...

TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI BIOS 1222
Version 1222 9.09 MB
2023/02/24

"1. Update AGESA version to ComboAM5PI 1.0.0.5 patch C
2. Improve better performance for AMD new CPUs
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (TX670ELW.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

If you disconnect everything from the Motherboard except your PSU, CPU, and Windows Drive and the Motherboard's CPU Trouble LED lights up and then goes off and the yellow DRAM LED lights up that would indicate that, at least, BIOS tested the CPU and it passed its POST Test and then found no RAM installed thus lighting up the yellow DRAM Trouble LED light.

Now install one stick of RAM in DIMM Slot #2 or A2 and see if it boots up. Sometimes if RAM is incompatible it might be compatible enough with just one Stick of RAM installed but with 2 sticks it won't boot up.

0 Likes

Yes, the ram is on their list.

I tried to upgrade the Bios but I can't get to the Bios screen and the rapid flash button on the back does not light up.

Yes i tried clearing the CMOS

I believe it is a bad CPU. I put it on a known to be working motherboard (a friends system) and we got the same result.

I have sent it back to AMD and just waiting for the inspection.Thank You for your help.

0 Likes

How did the story end? What was wrong?

0 Likes
confibox
Journeyman III

Everything seems to indicate that the problem is the BIOS, it is failing on many computers, if you do a search on Reddit you will find several threads with this situation, it seems that the solution is to go back to the previous version of the BIOS, in which ASUS decides to release another version without the bugs

I wish you good luck solving the problem.

Wuhsuh
Adept I

I am having the SAME exact issue. Same DRAM LED and all. I even tested my RAM with Memtest86 and windows memory diagnostic which have resulted in fails. Removing a single stick gets me to post and it also passes all the tests... Odd stuff, guess I will try rolling back BIOS verisons

How did the story end? What was wrong?

0 Likes

The BIOS was the culprit, and rolling back solved all my problems. I’ve been running fine at 6000MHz ever since

0 Likes

Did you reinstall or what? Because I had a bios from 5 months ago and the same as you, I installed the latest one and still.

0 Likes

I rolled back to BIOS version 0821, and I am still using that version because it just works. I may try out the latest BIOS version to see if the issues are gone

0 Likes
egoba
Journeyman III

In my case it turned out that the processor was defective and I got a new one.

0 Likes