cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Are you planning a Halloween-theme computer build?

I like to see the creative side of computer builders, especially when it involves a few innovative ideas that adhere to a theme.  So is anyone thinking about a Halloween theme computer build this month?  Maybe you just need to enhance the area around your computer, or perhaps you can take the components out of one machine and stuff them into a coffin.  There are lots of possibilities.  

Change your wallpaper, add a few lighting effects and that might be enough...Change your wallpaper, add a few lighting effects and that might be enough...

Better yet, start with a coffin shaped case and cut some ventilation holes to support a bunch of fans and such!Better yet, start with a coffin shaped case and cut some ventilation holes to support a bunch of fans and such!

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
21 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Currently a new build would be impossible for me to pay for, but I do change up my RGB to fit the spooky season.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

That's a start.  Maybe I could try that on my Wine Time build next week.  

Maybe a Halloween color scheme is possible?Maybe a Halloween color scheme is possible?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
eebiii
Forerunner

I would love to do a build for each holiday and season but not possible 🤔

eebiii
Forerunner

That coffin is awesome! We do a pretty big Halloween decoration in the front yard and that coffin would be perfect!!! I would love to see you build a PC out of that

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would too but that's not my coffin.  It's a random image I found while searching on the World Wide Web.  Now, if one were to build a computer into that coffin, I would imagine lots of extender cables would be needed unless you bunched up all the components in the top two shelves.  @eebiii , if you could only drill pass-through holes into the shelves (meaning you cannot cut them out completely), where would you place the motherboard, PSU, etc?

@BigAl01, it definitely gets the creative juices flowing. I'm on my way to work here in a few mins. Let me think about it and I'll have an answer for you later. 

@BigAl01, I would use the shelves to isolate each component. Maybe have one for MB, one for GPU, one for all the fans and rads. Would definitely need extension cables but they already make those and if not, get some 14awg wire and make your own. What would be cool is if you had a head on top and feet on the bottom and use the components as the body's insides through the shelving using clear tubing and red liquid.

As soon as Al mentioned a coffin, I was hoping you would chime in @eebiii ! Love your guys' creativity with builds.

That coffin is crazy. I thought @BigAl01 built that originally. Yes, if that was sitting here at the house, I would have already started manipulating it lol.

DipakJ27
Adept III

If you are feeling really creative, you could even build your computer inside of a coffin or other Halloween-themed object. This would be a truly unique and eye-catching build.

Dipakjadhav
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I am bit of a Halloween Grinch...

No Candy for you!!!

marlon-halloween.gif

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

LOL

classic!

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Ok, I've made a few theme adjustments to my Wine-Time build (which I might add, is in the top 3 builds for the Steampunk Contest).  Things are looking quite nice actually.

Note that the one skeleton has a bottle of wine - Octagon from Barboursville Vineyards in Virginia.Note that the one skeleton has a bottle of wine - Octagon from Barboursville Vineyards in Virginia.

This is awesome, @BigAl01! I'm a big Halloween guy (just put up some outdoor decor last night), and I should get my PC and desk spruced up for the holiday too.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Post some pictures of your house and the PC when you get it spruced up @Wally_AMD !

I'm going to try to grab a few more decorations, but will do my best to share! (Nothing crazy, don't want to set expectations TOO high, hehe).

eebiii
Forerunner

@bigal01 Well, I decided on Friday or Saturday that I have two weeks to pull something off for Halloween. So, I am going to setup another battle station style Halloween build. I got approval from my wife, and she is even willing to help.?? No clue why? but I am not going to complain. I already have the setup in my head, just have to act on it. And she wants to use my props for Halloween night, so I have to have this done a couple days before Halloween. Still have to work all week. Going to be hard to pull off. Wish me luck! 😁 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I wish the AMD forum was running a Halloween contest @eebiii ; your builds are things I will tell my grandkids about (my kids are already grown).  And, please tell us more about your wife, in terms of quickly approving the project and even willing to help.  Where did you two meet?  Personally, I usually get approval from my wife after a little bit of discussion (and Godiva chocolates) and maybe a glass of wine.  But my wife is also an electrical engineer, like me.  She isn't hard to convince when it comes to computer hardware.  Is your wife technical by nature or are you using some crazy spells that we all need to hear about? 

I met my wife 19 years ago in the Army while stationed in Seoul Korea. She is a farm girl from Wisconsin who was also stationed in Korea. Next thing I know, I'm married. Few years down the road and I have 2 kids to go along with it. Fast forward a little more and my kids are teenagers, and I don't know what happened, lol. She never really understood why I build all this stuff. But if I like to do it, she is good with it. When I met her, I was building computers for my peers and command in the army at the time and that was 2004. Wish I could find some of those pictures. She is not technical at all, but she is always willing to learn and get her hands dirty.

Welp, now I know what I'm looking forward to in the next few weeks!