cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

reutech
Adept I

ALL AMD Charity Build

This is a PC I'm building for a the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital.  I'll post a link to the Extralife Event in a month or so when it launches.  For now, I'm excited to share the fun.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D

MSI  Gaming Trio Radeon 7900xt

Corsair H150i AiO (Custom Pump Art)

32GB DDR 5 6000 CL30 

2TB WD SN850SSD

MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wifi

Fractal Design POP XL

Corsair RM1000e  PSU

PXL_20230617_135806586.jpgPXL_20230802_224354538.jpgPXL_20230803_014158482.jpgPXL_20230804_184159637.MP.jpgPXL_20230804_220854644.jpg

I'm very excited.
9 Replies

Hospitals and gaming should go together. I remember when I was a kid a hospital had an n64. It gives children the ability to live in a different world and not think about the hospital they are in. 

Thank you! 

I couldn't agree with you more! So true! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

This is by far one of the best posts I've seen in a while! Very kind of you. Please be sure to share the link with us. (I may be able to pitch in some "stuff" - feel free to send me a PM to work out the details should you be interested).

By the way, it's a very nice gaming rig, the CPU + GPU combo are great!

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Sam, that’s high praise.  THANK YOU!

There isn’t a link yet but, I’ll share one as soon as it’s online. I’d also be happy to share contact info for the folks who will be running this at Barbara Bush Children's Hospital.  I’ve doe the builds and donated some of my own gear.  The BBCH folks will be taking care of the actual event.  

If you're able to send something we'll be grateful.  In any event please send along my Thanks to everyone for AMD's quality products.  This generation of components is simply outstanding.

This is the link from 2022.

https://mmc.childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/bbch-extra-life-gaming-pc-giveaway/

This PC was a system I built for intel Gen 12 testing.  I'm the Endpoint Architect for MaineHealth.  MaineHealth is a Dell shop but, we needed to know how this CPU would work in ahead of Dell changing to that generation.  When we were done, I got permission to donate this to BBCH ExtraLife along with a GeForce 3080 of my own.  (Sorry, I didn’t have an AMD card at the time).  This was all done sort of last minute without a complete plan.  We managed to raise around 34,000.00 with some Social Media posts.   This got some attention internally.

For 2023 I was given a budget for a build intended as an ExtraLife Giveaway Contest at the outset.  Since I’m a bit of an AMD fan currently, I gave an ALL AMD build a go.  The specs I shared in my post are just for the tower but, the 7800X3D system is a complete kit including a Monitor and peripherals.

1080p 165Hz Display, Gaming Keyboard, Mouse, and Headset.

But Wait, THERE’S MORE!

This last winter I did new builds for my wife and I, both based on the 7950x.  There were some parts left over from my wife's old system so we picked up a few more parts and built another complete system. (it may be obvious what my hobby is at this point)  This one is just the tower but should make for a pretty good 2nd place giveaway.

• Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Noctua NH-U 14S
  • Fractal Meshify C TG Case
  • ASUS x570 TUF Gaming Mainboard
  • Wireless AC + Bluetooth
  • 32GB DDR4 3600 CL32
  • 512GB NVME SSD
  • 1TB NVME SSD
  • 850 Watt PSU
  • nVidia GeForce 3060Ti

I'm very excited.

I'm very excited too, and happy we're able to support you and the children at the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital. What a wonderful cause! I'm gonna share this post with the higher-ups at AMD and will be sure to do it again next year with you! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
eebiii
Forerunner

This is really cool. 👍

reutech
Adept I

Anyone In the Maine, or anyone willing to drive to pick up if they win....  Here's the contest link!

BBCH EXTRA LIFE GAMING PC GIVEAWAY 2023 – The Barbara Bush Children's Hospital at Maine Medical Cent...

I'm very excited.

I like the description: "Extra Life unites thousands of gamers to play games as a way to help support their local children’s hospital.  Think of it kind of like a 5K, but with more dragons and fewer cramps"

Sam
Your biggest fan!
lowteck
Miniboss

Donated.

ezgif.com-resize (1).gif

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...