cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

DonnieDanger
Adept I

7900XTX and 5800X3D Driver collapse

About 6 months ago I upgraded from the 5600x and Nvidia 3070Ti to the 5800X3D and 7900XTX. From the moment I installed the Adrenaline drivers I have had non stop issues. Biggest issue being startup. If I turn my PC off, the only way I can get it to boot is to delete and rebuild the Windows boot partition through CMD. I have replaced my Nvme twice, replaced the MB and removed and reinstalled windows at least 20 times. During the install phase everything works great until I install the adrenaline drivers. This happens no matter what Adrenaline version I have. I have gone all the way back to 2022 drivers and tried every version up to this new 2024 one. Same issue always. Recently the newest issue I have is all of a sudden I get an error that my Adrenaline drivers do not support my gpu. I have to use DDU to remove all gpu drivers then reinstall adrenaline to get it to work. I'm trying to stay team red but every single time I have to reset my pc it takes hours and that 4090/I9 is looking so much more intriguing. HELP ME BEFORE I SLAM THIS $4K BUILD INTO THE GROUND!!

12 Replies
DonnieDanger
Adept I

Funny that since I've complained and seeked help on here my pc is non-stop crashing. I have to keep using ddu to remove adrenalin then install again. Within 10 minutes of install my pc freezes and I get the adrenalin driver error again. ONLY good thing is when the adrenalin driver stops working my pc has no problem restarting.

DonnieDanger
Adept I

Wow! Not one single response? There is no way I am the ONLY one dealing with this issue when I see hundreds of people complaining for months and months now and NO ONE has come up with a solution? 

I would ensure that you have the most recent BIOS installed for your motherboard.  You did upgrade your CPU after all.  Also, I would check the monitor cable to ensure it is in working order (try on another computer to verify).  

You might have a defective RX 7900 XTX, or perhaps insufficient power delivery from your PSU.  You made a big jump in power demands from the PSU with your upgrade.  I would be running a name-brand PSU rated for at least 1K watts with your configuration.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
DonnieDanger
Adept I

Definitely have the newest bios, upgraded my power to 1200 watts. I have hooked it up to several monitors. The issue always seems to be with the boot partition. I have windows 11, UEFI GPT format with a boot loader. For some reason the drivers in adrenaline keep messing up my boot loader and I have to completely delete it and rebuild it in command prompt. Never had an issue with the 3070. I had no issues running it with the 5600x and then the 5800x3d. The issues always happen when I install the adrenaline drivers. I have even tried just the stand alone drivers on a fresh windows install and same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be clear, CLEAN Install?!?!?

Anonymous
Not applicable

New OS, drivers etc...

Yes 100% clean install with new OS. Cleaned the nvme through bios before install. Even tried it on 3 different nvme drives and 3 different motherboards. As long as I don't turn it off it works like a dream. The minute I have to restart shut it down the whole pro ess starts over again. It ONLY gives me issues when I install the 7900xtx drivers 

Have you tried a CMOS clear?  If your motherboard has a button for that or you may to short the jumper. 

I have had issues in the past with jumping up several UEFI versions at once.  Where certain values are not cleared even with a factory reset.

Also, try doing a fresh install of Windows 11 and installing all hardware drivers ensuring there is no internet connectivity.  If the system is stable, you can reconnect and run through Windows updates.  

Yes, have cleared cmos. I have moved my setup across 3 different motherboards and same issue. I was not able to try the 7900xtx with the 5600x as I had already upgraded to the 5800x3d with the 3070 ti and no issues. That ran for about a month when I moved up to the 7900xtx and problems began immediately after installing adrenalin. I have seen a lot of members having issues with the 5800x3d 7900xtx setup

I seem to recall there was an issue with adrenaline drivers corrupting windows if the "Factory reset" option was selected when they were installed.  They issue could also be mitigated by disabling internet until all drivers are updated.

DonnieDanger
Adept I

Did not mean to accept the above reply from BigAl01 as a solution, that did not work.

Can you go back to the 5600X CPU and see if the problem continues?  You might be right about the 5800X3D / RX 7900 XTX combination.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes