cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

Axxemann
Forerunner

For the water coolers out there... GPU blocks

So back in April a Sapphire Pulse RX6800XT arrived at my door, thanks to the Red Team Mod Squad (Look at the names in Red. Should be a DEAD GIVEAWAY.) 

Well, now I'm putting together my multiple water cooling parts orders, and the one thing that's keeping me STUMPED is the GPU block. I simply CANNOT fid one for the Pulse. Nitro+, and Super Platium (what even IS that... @Sam_AMD?) from Bykski, and not much else out there. Lots of MSI, Asus, ASRock, Gigabyte and the venerable Reference cards.

Now, after hunting around on Google, I found a couple of year-old-plus Reddit threads where people used One of thwo Bykski water blocks: Either the A-SP6800-X mean for the RX6800 Nitro+/Super Platinum, or the A-SP6900XT-X that fits the RX6800XT and RX6900XT Nitro+/Super Platinum.

I'm also not a fan of all the RGB and the clear acrylic top plate, I'd prefer something mostly black, like a Heatkiller, but Heatkiller only builds Reference blocks. But given that I've been able to find either of those blocks for as low as $150CAD on AliExpress (I guess Byksi has two storefronts there: Official and MOD) so I'm not averse to busting out the self-etching primer and Krylon, or seeing if one of the Enginerds where my dad works can design and 3D print a snap-on cover plate to go over the whole works to murder it out.

So, if you watercooling guys out there can help me out with figuring out which route to go, I'd be grateful. The nuclear option is throwing my hands up in frustration, dropping $1400+CAD on a Reference 7900XTX and getting the Heatkiller block. But then we're going into the completely reedonkulous, over-the-top MAXIMUM OVERKILL for a 5800X3D powered rig. I'm quite content staying in the realm of ridiculous overkill. 😉

Performance over Pretty.
7 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I'm not into the water cooling world of GPU blocks, CPU blocks and such, but Performance PCs is a place that carries these parts.  Give them a look.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Trust me, I've looked there. I'm having issues with what can fit over what's in stock.

Performance over Pretty.
eebiii
Forerunner

@Axxemann Check this one out. Only problem you have to order from overseas. Not sure if it will work or not.

Bykski GPU Water Cooling Block w/ Backplate for Sapphire 6800XT NITRO+ A-SP6800-X - AliExpress

Also, I am pretty sure that if you call Bykski, they will make a block for your card. They will most likely want a picture of your PCB and if you're using the card, makes it difficult.

I was finally able to tear down my GPU and get some photos of the PCB for the folks at Bykski. I should know it a few days. The paste and pads were pretty dry, but I didn't have any replacement pads on hand, so I just reused the originals. I run a pretty aggressive fan curve for the sake of it, so I doubt I'm going to be running too hot until I get a block. Really considering getting some Carbonaut pads for the CPU and GPU, though.

Performance over Pretty.

Got a response back today. YOU FREAKIN' NAILED IT!!!!

Gonna be putting in my order PDQ.

Performance over Pretty.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

That's great.  We are looking forward to seeing how this turns out.  Post pictures as you proceed.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Planning on it. The block is in transit. Should get here from China in the next 3 weeks or so. Was cheaper to order from Bykski's Mod Shop on AliExpress than from Bykski USA. Like over $100CAD difference. Waiting for pay day to put in my order at Koolance and Dazmode for the rest of the parts.

Performance over Pretty.