Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

AMD RDNA 3 to be unveiled November 3rd

45 Replies
popichu
Adept II

Major poggers. So excited to see the next gen graphics cards released at a resonable price

-Popichu
Ryzen 9 5900x RTX 3060 (yes its nvidia roast me now cuz i wasted my money) B550 Plus II Wifi 32 GB DDR4 3600mhtz 1TB SSD
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

I'm hoping AMD can really nail this as Jacket Man is all over the place, lol.

What are people expecting from RDNA3? I'm hoping the RT performance can at least be in the middle of Ampere and Lovelace then straight brute force raster. I don't normally pay attention to Flagship cards as its out of my price range, but I am really curious to see the 7950/7900 XT.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
MADZyren
Paragon

Great. I was dissappointed hearing rumours it was delayed.

It does not have to be fastest, but people really need GPU's with three digit prices and preferably some models under 500€

0 Likes
Pepe1
Adept II

I'm looking forward to the new 7000 GPUs. I hope the prices are reasonable.

hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

Nvidia's greed has already shot themselves in the foot so a decent gpu will be a winner if the price is right.  AMD needs to get on their horse with driver quality.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

With 4080 at 1200MSRP and AIB cards well over that, we just need a 7800XT at sub 800.

Preferably under 600 but im starting to loose hope....

Im so glad I snatched a Strix 6800 now with a decent price. 

The Englishman

@johnnyenglish  What I'm thinking it'll be

• 7950 XT - $1300
  • 7900 XT - $1000
  • 7800 XT - $750/800
  • 7700 XT - $650
  • 7600 XT - $400

If the prices are lower, count me as the first one to be happy, lol.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

if that 7950xt comes this side of Xmas for £1200, ill buy one day 1

0 Likes

And that looks spot on.

Mr Jacket Man the unlauncher, gave us this "present" to Europe.

johnnyenglish_0-1666038347784.png

If a STRIX 7950XT hits at 1600 I'm sure it will win in price to performance easily.

The 7700XT will mostly blow the 6800 away but the AIB pricing here will never be under 800/900 before next January.

Again, my RX6800 came in juuuust in time. 😀

The Englishman
0 Likes

imo there's no way the 7900xt will be less than 1100, I think 1200 will be pushing it.

AIBs will likely be more in the 1300-1400 area

Really hope they nail their next gen as I'll be upgrading some time around late 2023 or early 2024 when I have more information on the products, Presuming ofc availability at the card's value. I've had nothing but a great experience with the Radeon 6000 and Ryzen 5000 so I'd like to stick to the pairing if possible

But if they don't meet my expectations next launch as well as making some progress on the VR, software stability, and creator front (mostly encoders/decoders quality), I'll be swapping to Nvidia I'll be swapping back to Nvidia, as there are some projects I plan on delving into at that point that will benefit greatly from what I've seen over there so far

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers

@Justifier You're probably right about that. We're all hoping that AMD nails next gen especially with Nvidia being stupid. I think the cards will be good based off my experience with the 6000 series. If they continue to bring up the drivers and more WHQL versions, that would be great as well.

Axxemann
Forerunner

Please, please, PLEASE!!!! Give us some budget options, or at least keep the mid-range of the 6000 series in production and DROP THE PRICE!!!! Some of us are stuck with a <$200 budget

Performance over Pretty.

sub 200 might be hard (get a used one), but I wish at least sub 300 would exist and not some RX 6400 kind of joke.

Used GPUs are a crapshoot. My 570 ran like a top from the start. The 580 I picked up as an upgrade... not so much. Code 43 errors are fun.

The thing is this: $300USD is north of $450CAD once it hits the shelf at my local PC shop, or even Amazon Canada. $200USD is much easier for me to do, since the exchange rate, customs/other cross-border fees aren't nearly as steep. It would probably work out to $325CAD. As of right now, the cheapest RX6600 I can find is almost $400CAD on Amazon. My local shop has ZERO stock. They have a few 6650XTs, and some of the higher tier models, but those take a flying leap to well over $600CAD.

Performance over Pretty.

Pricing is terrible if you compare to days of RX570's, 580's and their Nvidia counterparts back then. 

And the thing is, die size of 6600 is very similar to 570. 570 has memory bus twice as wide which is more expensive. I am certain, AMD could sell 6600 at very low price (200-250) and make a decent profit despite inflation and whatnot.  Yet, right now in here they still cost 400€

0 Likes

I can't even source a 6600 locally. They're all gone, and they were $400CAD when you could find them. Amazon.ca has the cheapest one listed at $380, not counting the MLLSE 6600M that recently started appearing (looks like a 3rd party vendor started posting them for sale) at $300CAD. Even the local buy & sell has cards going for MSRP or greater... it's like these clowns seriously expect 99.99% ROI on the item they're selling, sad part is the boneheads that are willing to pay it since it's all that's available. Most I'm willing to pay for a 6600 is $250CAD, BNIB. I flat out refuse to consider the 6500 a viable GPU option.

If I can get the RX 580 sitting on my desk fully diagnosed and sort the Code 43 error out (VBIOS has been flashed to the proper one several times, drivers have been installed, wiped and reinstalled countless times, Windows will get a fresh install in a couple days to try yet again... and I'm sourcing a cheap PSU to run my old FX8120 setup as a Linux test bench to see what I can see. If I can get that 580 up and running, then I won't be grousing so much about a cheap 8GB GPU. I don't really play AAA titles (well, if you consider Halo: Infinite AAA despite its bugs) and I'm getting respectable framerates on the games I do play, but since I KNOW I can get better performance, I WANT better performance.

Performance over Pretty.

Hi,
It's been a long time since I post a video and here it goes.

I think you may need this

Just browse AMAZON and sometimes you will get "used-like new" or "used-very good" Items 
(I wouldn't buy "used-good" or "used-acceptable")

That's how I got a very affordable Strix RX6800 for like almost half of what it was at the time. Don't worry, it has 2 Year Warranty just like a new article.

I've bought some items like this and so far, no regrets. Just be careful of  what the description says, I bought a "damaged box only" So its all fine to me.

https://youtu.be/xEgDKWFlYWY 

johnnyenglish_0-1666039453592.png

The Englishman

I don't know what your Warehouse Deals are like on Amazon in your area, but what I see is stupidly outlandish pricing right up there or worse than the new cards in a lot of cases. It's just like the clearance page on my local B&M PC shop's website. 33% discount on the highest in-stock retail price they had on the item and it's just as much if not a few bucks more than BNIB. 

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes

It isn't easy, Granted! They will fly real fast and that's comprehensible due to what we went through last couple of years.

Once I saw mine, I thought like for 2segs and there it was, in the basket.
Amazon.com has much better prices than Amazon.de or Amazon.es, its real bonkers here.

I spotted these on the other day but they are not longer available.
The STRIX had a nice discount there.

johnnyenglish_0-1666131026266.png

johnnyenglish_1-1666131043125.png

johnnyenglish_2-1666131051155.png

This is what I get here in Europe, 100€uros discount but still expensive.

johnnyenglish_3-1666131408994.png

The Englishman
0 Likes
marinesquirel
Adept III

AMD has a fantastic opportunity. The competition is just cramming a bunch of last gen tech into a super heavy behemoth that won't fit most cases. With smaller boards, faster ray tracing, and at least an updated architecture with great performance that won't leave you wanting more is in the reach. If they can keep the prices realistic and be competitive I believe they will swallow much of the market share. 

I mean... if I see them match RT performance and UHD performance, without upscaling, then I'd buy it at the same price as Nvidia's card, especially if their AV1 encoders are properly functioning as well as having support on OBS

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

And will AMD release actual WHQL certified drivers for the cards?  There hasn't been one in over 5 months (across the Windows 11 22H2 release and the release of AMD's own cpus with integrated graphics).

Now this is also very, very important. We really do need AMD to release some WHQL drivers. I've noted in previous post that I do believe we'll have some for the launch of RDNA3.

KabouterPlop1
Challenger

Will i have to wait until 3 November so you fix the drivers for the rx6000 series ?

I'd wager there are actually no issues with the drivers, unless it's VR related in which case I hear there are many many issues, though I don't have a VR headset so I cannot verify that myself.

The big problem AMD/Radeon are having right now from what I can see are completely all relegated to their software suite. (Adrenaline)

If you uninstall Adrenaline and reinstall the drivers with "Drivers only" or "Minimal Install" good chance pretty much any problem you're having will go away

Its not the software its their drivers, if already confirmed the same issues with driver only install as well, yeah their software however can be better as well.

0 Likes
imveea
Adept I

I have 6900xt, this gpu is not for 4k120hz gaming (modern games and settings, max out), so I look forward to 7900xt (7950xt will be later, I think 2023-24), right now I'm really impressed by 4090, and price is ok, if 7900xt will do the same performance and a little cheaper, I'm with AMD, if the price the same, I will go with Nvidia.

Let me out.
Darkness_Angel
Adept III

Can't wait!

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
Linux Administrator/Application administrator
Dpt. of Army Civilian, former ET NAV submarines U.S. Navy.
0 Likes
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

So JayzTwoCents just said AMD will also use that 16pin connect that Nvidia is using on their FE cards. Don't know how I feel about that. I guess one thing we have going for us is that AMD is usually more efficient than Nvidia, so hopefully their connectors won't blow up, too.

😢 well crap...

Well glad my case is one of the... what 5 on the market that has a configuration that actually has 30mm of clearance to not bend the connector >_>

I heard that the 7000 series was still using the old style plugs though 🤔💭

If you get the chance, could you link to the video/place of him saying that?

(I'm guessing it's this, but I haven't been able to find him mentioning the 7000 RX series using it in there: https://youtu.be/HAZWwwHScaQ )

Ah I found it, well that sucks... Guess the easy answer is to make a 90 degree solid cable and ship that out to people before the house fires and lawsuits start

https://youtu.be/HAZWwwHScaQ?t=786

@Justifier Sorry for late response, had got busy, but yeah that's the video. The 90 degree cable should definitely be the plan going forward and if AMD are truly using the 16 pin connector, I hope they have enough time to get in front of this.

Not a problem at all, we all have lives.

I know you mentioned it below, but I thought I'd link this here: according to some YouTubers + videocards

https://youtu.be/9SWGQBO2geo

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-7000-cards-reportedly-not-using-pcie-gen5-12vhpwr-connecto...

Radeon will not be using the new power connectors according to them. Just need to see the AV1 encoder support confirmed and I'll be snagging one (XTX) on its release I think

That doesn't sound or look good. Some pics are starting to surface on redit

johnnyenglish_0-1666656961845.png

The Englishman

A firehazard inside house where you sleep is always nice.

What I can't understand is that companies who design incredibly complicated chips and A.I. algorithms are like "Whaat? You want me to design a power connector cabable of passing electricity... whoa... who do you think I am, god?"

"The Radeon RX 6000 series and upcoming RDNA 3 GPUs will not use this power connector." - Scott Herkelman via Twitter https://twitter.com/sherkelman/status/1584931430483705859

hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

If they're good enough to force nvidia to lower their prices I'll be a happy man.

0 Likes