cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

HammerKing
Journeyman III

Vulkan-OpenGL interop memory leaking

I am using the vulkan VK_KHR_external_memory_win32 extension to share memory with OpenGL through a Win32 handle on RX 5700 XT grapyics card.

The shared texture is working, but there is a memory leaking problem on AMD cards, the device memory have not been released after the vkFreeMemory() and closeHandle() was called(ps: The dedicated memory is enabled).

I have test the same program on Intel and Nvidia graphics card, and the program is running fine without memory leaking. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hey,

We were able reproduce with that driver. But it looks to be fixed on Adrenalin 22.10.1 Optional driver. Can you give that a try?

Thanks,

Owen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @HammerKing ,

Thank you for reporting it. I have whitelisted you and moved the post to the "AMD OpenGL & Vulkan" forum.

Please provide a minimal test-case that reproduces the issue and share the driver information.

Thanks.

0 Likes

I upload a demo on github , please configure the project with cmake, the demo will recreate vulkan-gl shared texture if the window size changed, and the GPU memory will keep growing while the window size change until the process closed. 

vulkan info:

device name : AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
device type : DISCRETE_GPU
vendor ID : 4098
device ID : 29471
driver version : 2.0.213
API version : 1.3.203

0 Likes

Thank you for providing the demo. I will report it to the Vulkan team.

0 Likes

Hey,

Thanks for the question, I've created an internal ticket tracking this issue: SWDEV-357777

-Owen

0 Likes

How long will it take to fix this issue?

0 Likes

Hey,

Can you try with latest driver:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-...
We were unable to reproduce on our end

Thanks,

Owen

0 Likes

I have reproduced memory leaking with the latest WHQL driver (ver 22.5.1) on win10 21H2.

If you are also testing with the demo on github, you need to change window size by draging the edge of the demo window, that will make the GPU memory grow fast:

20221012-095549.jpg

0 Likes

Hey,

We were able reproduce with that driver. But it looks to be fixed on Adrenalin 22.10.1 Optional driver. Can you give that a try?

Thanks,

Owen

0 Likes

I have test  Adrenalin 22.10.1 Optional driver, the problem was fixed, thanks!

0 Likes