Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

imhong
Adept I

OpenGL function of Photoshop CS 5.1 failed after 22.5.1 version driver

Cap 2023-04-24 09-29-02-649.png

As stated in the title, OpenGL functionality of Photoshop CS 5.1 is not enabled on drivers after certain versions(even if my Photoshop version is old, it's nonsense that the functionality that was available in 22.5.1 version is not available in future improvement drivers).
In newer versions of the driver, the graphics card does not appear in the area shown in the screenshot, and therefore cannot be checked.
I tried a clean installation every time I got a WHQL version of driver after 22.5.1 version, but it didn't help, and the Radeon Pro driver didn't help either.
Looking at the forum here, I'm sure something is broken after the drivers for improving OpenGL performance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

@dipak 

Hello, I tried installing the updated driver today and confirmed that the problem has been resolved.
Thank you.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @imhong ,

Thanks for reporting it. I have forwarded the issue to the OpenGL team.

I have whitelisted you for the AMD Devgurus community.

Thanks.

0 Likes
dipak
Big Boss

A bug ticket has been created to track this issue. I will let you know once I get any update on this.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
imhong
Adept I

Thank you, if the language conversion of the Photoshop program I use was simple, I would have attached an image in English, but I couldn't.
You can access these items by following the steps described below.
Edit > Preferences > Performance

0 Likes
imhong
Adept I

@dipak 

It's been months, but any news? I installed the latest driver version 23.7.1 released yesterday but the problem persists. In addition to the problems with the previously discussed Photoshop program, Vegas Pro also does not recognize the OpenGL graphics card.
To clarify the problem,
GPU: RX 5600 XT
In the above environment, Photoshop CS 5.1 or Vegas Pro 18.0 software that utilizes OpenGL does not recognize the video card normally, and the cause of this is assumed to be somewhere that has changed since the OpenGL performance improvement last year. It was fine with version 22.5.1.

0 Likes

Hi @imhong ,

As I can see from the related bug ticket, the issue is still under investigation. I have mentioned your observation in that ticket. I will let you know if there is any update on this.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Update:

This issue has been fixed internally. 

Thanks.

0 Likes

Thank you for telling me the good news.
One thing I'm curious about, the above issue wasn't specific to a particular GPU. I had the same issue when uninstalling the 5600XT and using the iGPU(Vega 11).
Hopefully the solution applies to the entire product line and not just a specific product group.

0 Likes

Hi @imhong ,

Could you please try the latest driver (Adrenalin 23.9.2) and let us know if the above issue has been resolved?

Thanks.

0 Likes

@dipak 

Hello, I tried installing the updated driver today and confirmed that the problem has been resolved.
Thank you.

Thanks for the confirmation.

0 Likes