cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

KnownBugg
Journeyman III

Linux/Vulkan 6800XT missing `smoothLines` feature.

Hi, looks like smoothLines ( part of VkPhysicalDeviceLineRasterizationFeaturesEXT ) is not available on my system. I'm wondering if this is a hardware limitation, driver limitation or something on my end.

vulkaninfo shows this:

VkPhysicalDeviceLineRasterizationFeaturesEXT:
---------------------------------------------
rectangularLines = false
bresenhamLines = true
smoothLines = false
stippledRectangularLines = false
stippledBresenhamLines = true
stippledSmoothLines = false

For context: I was trying to use Mesa's Zink ( OpenGL over Vulkan ) as a workaround for some issues with default OpenGL. It solved my initial problems but introduced a new one. My best guess is that it's related to the missing feature. Can it be made available or is it out of my reach?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hey,

Unfortunately, looks like it's not supported:

Owen_Zhang_1-1661878046407.png

It does work via cpu rendering via llvmpipe, but that'll be without the hardware acceleration.

Thanks,

Owen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @KnownBugg ,

Thank you for the query. I have whitelisted you and moved the post to the Vulkan developers forum.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Thank you!

0 Likes

Hey,

Unfortunately, looks like it's not supported:

Owen_Zhang_1-1661878046407.png

It does work via cpu rendering via llvmpipe, but that'll be without the hardware acceleration.

Thanks,

Owen

0 Likes

Hi, just to make sure I get this right. Lack of support for this is a driver limitation and it may ( or may not ) be added in the future? Just curious if it's technically possible to get hardware accelerated support at all.

0 Likes

The missing feature is due to lack of HW support currently. In the future we might add a SW workaround.

0 Likes

I see, thank you.

0 Likes