cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

Adept III
Adept III

Re: Dreadful OpenGL performance

19.1.2 still doesn't show the slightest of improvements (in fact, I think I even lost 10fps in test 3)

Staff
Staff

Thanks for your patience, we're still working on this.

A couple of months have passed, we are now on 19.7.3 and shows no improvements whatsoever.

Are there any news/updates ?

Staff
Staff

Thanks for your mention, I will check it soon.

0 Kudos

Here is another testcase from our side(pcsx2) showing worst case scenario where the performance drop is massive on amd. Don't know how helpful will this be but I thought I'd post it here anyway.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v0TRweNTBdjOLYzBrSB7XD1Cbkoy8quq 

Adept I
Adept I

I created a topic with some test cases which might be related to this discussion:https://community.amd.com/message/2924860 

Adept II
Adept II

I really hope this gets fixed the current situation with the Windows driver is not that good.

Staff
Staff

In fact it's a long time work, we need to find out 1. what may effect the performance. 2. Can we fix it without other side effect.

Thanks for your patience!

Another year, still no progress (at least on the windows side).  Cmon guys it's been 4 years, if you've given up on OpenGL, please just tell us? I get OpenGL is considered "old" now, but it's still widely used in the emulation community at least and is far more functional than DX11, we hate having to recommend that for our users, but we have little choice.  We gave you a great test case (with a midrange GPU of 2018 being shamefully outperformed by a display adapter), surely you could work on something from that?

I look forward to hearing an update.

If you need another example of the performance issues, this was taken from a youtube video (dunno which one, it got passed around a bit) so you can use this as another example of the terrible OGL performance on windows.

DOTA2perfAMD.jpg

0 Kudos