cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

kd-11
Adept II

Bug in pixel transfer operations (OpenGL)

I have encountered a rather interesting bug with pixel transfer operations. I have tested this on several AMD cards from the 7000 series to the RX 480 and 580.

The core of the problem is that when a texture is created with immutable storage, pixel transfer operations with endianness swap will always fail with GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY. A sample application is attached which attempts to isolate the problem. Compiled binary is provided for convenience as well as the source.

Notes:

- When the texture is created with mutable storage, readback works but when immutable is used it does not.

- Also note that while the trigger is a pack operation, setting the unpack state to swap bytes also will cause the GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY error. The error is not real, as can be demostrated with the attached sample and source code.

- The sample works fine on all other drivers I have tried.

0 Likes
1 Solution
dorisyan
Staff

Hi kd-11‌, thanks for your report, this issue has been solved, the fix has been released in the current driver.Thanks for your report !

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
xhuang
Staff

Hello, thanks for your report, we will investigate this.

0 Likes
dorisyan
Staff

Hi kd-11‌, thanks for your report, this issue has been solved, the fix has been released in the current driver.Thanks for your report !

0 Likes

Thanks.

0 Likes