cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

Slicendice
Adept I

Black textures, and constantly loading ground textures with Wings Over Flanders Fields

Hi,

I am a developer on Wings Over Flanders Fields.  Combat flight sim3 is the runtime, and we have a DX9 shaders dll. This has worked very well for several years.

However more recently we have several AMD users stating they see black textures on the ground (usually where rivers are shown).  This only occurs with later AMD cards and drivers  - any Nvidia cards work fine.

Users report using old version AMD 17.x. drivers it works fine.  18.x, 19.x have these issues.

One other user reported that also the ground textures are "constantly loading"

(Intel i7-10700k, 32 GB ram, 2 x Radeon RX5700 XT, samsung ssd 750 evo pluss 850 evo)

WOFF-2020-12-06-13-52-33.jpg

River textures show as blackRiver textures show as black

Other AMD users see similar black textures on the ground. 
More pictures here

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4528470/missing-river-water-textures#Post4528470

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4547403/weird-city-ground-textures#Post4547403
(you may need to log on to see)

Can someone help with this please? 

0 Likes
12 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @Slicendice ,

I've reported the issue to the DirectX team. I'll let you know if I get any update on this.

Thanks.

Many thanks dipak. If they need anything - a copy of the sim whatever please let me know.

0 Likes

Hi Dipak any luck with this?

0 Likes

I don't have any update right now. The concerned team is already looking into this issue. As soon as I get any update from them, I'll notify you.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi @Slicendice ,

As the DirectX team replied, it would be helpful if you can please provide a copy of the simulator or any other package which can be used to reproduce the issue at our end?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi thanks dipak.  OK sure I can organise a download copy of the game, where do I send that info to?

0 Likes

Thank you. You can send me a PM or an email with the download link.

0 Likes

Hi dipak, sorry maybe I'm being dense, but how do I send you a PM I don't see that option on the site?

0 Likes

Hi @Slicendice ,

As I can see from your profile, it looks like you've disabled the private message option. So I also couldn't send you a PM. Alternatively, can I send you an email to the email id registered with your profile?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi dipak, all that is not intentional, I couldn't see any options for those.  I'll check again.  Yes you can send to the email in my profile please.

Many thanks.

0 Likes

I'll check with our community admins about this PM setting related issue.  

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi @Slicendice 

As I've been informed, now you should be able to send private message. I've already sent you a PM. Please check.

Thanks.

0 Likes