Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

timchist
Elite

Re: What is 'xnack' feature and how to get more information about it

Jump to solution

> 1. If not sure about the target "xnack" settings, ship two different offline binaries (e.g. gfx1010:xnack+ and gfx1010:xnack- ) for a target device (e.g. gfx1010) and load the binary which best matches the target settings (for example, with matching CL_DEVICE_NAME).

> 2. Try to run the gfx1010:xnack+ offline binary on a gfx1010:xnack- device. If it runs successfully, check the performance compared to the gfx1010:xnack- binary. If that is acceptable, then I think gfx1010:xnack+ binary can be used on a gfx1010 device with any "xnack" settings. Because gfx1010:xnack+ binary is expected to work fine on a gfx1010:xnack+ device.

Thanks. Both of the above might work indeed.

Are there any Radeon GPUs on the market that will be detected on Windows as 'gfx1010:xnack+' or 'gfx1012:xnack+'? So far we have only seen 'xnack-'.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
dipak
Staff
Staff

Jump to solution

As per my understanding from this old discussion and this gpu table , the "xnack" feature is mainly enabled on the APU devices. As I know, currently most of the gpus based on Navi are dGPUs. That might be reason why you have only seen gfx101x:xnack- devices.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

timchist
Elite

Jump to solution

Now that^ was really helpful. Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Likes