Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

Adept I
Adept I

OpenCL SDK

Jump to solution

Hello, I've been working on a parallel particle simulation using OpenCL. I've got to the point of writing documentation and need to link any potential users to the AMD OpenCL SDK. As per this thread​ and this thread​, the page has gone missing. Is there any further update as to when/where this will be fixed?

Thanks,

Elijah

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Staff
Staff

Re: OpenCL SDK

Jump to solution

I have already reported the problem to the concerned team. I'm waiting for their response now. As soon as I have any update, I'll post it. 

View solution in original post

29 Replies
Staff
Staff

Jump to solution

I have already reported the problem to the concerned team. I'm waiting for their response now. As soon as I have any update, I'll post it. 

View solution in original post

Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Okay, thank you!

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hello, I was talking to the AMD Business Development Manager in the UK, who mentioned that I might find the SDK on the GPUOpen GitHub. I found this repository​ which has these releases​. This has the SDK as of June 2017, is this the current SDK that can be linked to users?

0 Kudos
Staff
Staff

Jump to solution

Yes, on Windows, this OpenCL SDK is the latest one available right now.

Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

Hi, dipak

Any update ? I have no any links to download AMD APP SDK:

https://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/

0 Kudos
Staff
Staff

Jump to solution

Hi Andrey,

As I've been informed, the concerned team has decided to drop the support for APP SDK and hence, any related package on developer.amd.com might not be accessible anymore. Instead, they are recommending to use this lite SDK package available here: https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/OCL-SDK/releases

If I get more information about this, I'll share with you.

Regards,

Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Is there any support for developing on Linux with AMD hardware?

0 Kudos
Staff
Staff

Jump to solution

You don't need a SDK for Linux with AMDGPU-PRO or ROCm stack, as the library to link against is shipped with the driver.

The headers to compile can be found wih your package manager.

For example on debian based distro:

sudo apt-get install opencl-headers

[Reference: Nothing here · Issue #2 · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/OCL-SDK · GitHub

Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

Hi dipak, but how developer will learn OpenCL without examples ? The removed AMD APP SDK contains the best examples! I think this is strange decision, may be now AMD doesn't  love OpenCL ?

0 Kudos