cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

scarfez
Adept I

Looking for Linux/Open CL2.0 Driver for AMD A10-9620P

Does AMD have any kind of official support ?

Some how, I can not for the life of me find a working OpenCL ( I would like OpenCL 2.0 ) for Linux and my computer.

Surely there is ? The question is where ?

Linux KWOAMD 4.18.0-10-lowlatency #11-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Thu Oct 11 21:56:25 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 21
model : 101
model name : AMD A10-9620P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G

00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Wani [Radeon R5/R6/R7 Graphics] (rev ca)

Seems like the AMD community is the most closed one that i ever seen, no one seems to be willing to help in any way shape or form. Fortunately i can still get my money back from buying a useless AMD computer, yes for me it is useless without working OpenCL.

Appreciate any help.

#OpenCL #Linux #Drivers

1 Solution

Wiped my 19.04 ubuntu installation, installed 18.04 but the amdgpu-pro dkms wont build/install, still no OpenCL and display randomly rotates 90 degree CCW

Looks like i have proven A10-9620P will not run Linux + OpenCL

Windows Only

Anyhow, Thank you for all the suggestions and attempts

View solution in original post

0 Likes
19 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

scarfez, this is a user forum but contact AMD at AMD Online Support.  Please search for the site.  If I post a link it will delay the post for Moderation - few minutes to hours.  There is a post just a few days ago with title:

"What is the future for Opencl CPU processing options on a system consisting of AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU".

Please take a look.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

MY system is AMD CPU and AMD GPU, details further down in this thread

The app does run without any issues on nVidia GPUs, using OpenCL

Thanks John, I appreciate you looking

0 Likes

You can post your question at AMD OPENCL FORUM from here: OpenCL‌.  You should be able to find an answer there although it isn't Official AMD Support but a User to User Forum. But they have AMD Moderators that do work for AMD and can find out or answer your question if no one else can.

I would love to post in OpenCL  but it seems like i do not have an option to post there... So if someone can move this thread, i would appreciate it

I can also provide more logs / strace outputs or any other output that might be helpful...

This is what i see;

distributed.net client for OpenCL on Linux Copyright 1997-2016, distributed.net
Please visit http://www.distributed.net/ for up-to-date contest information.
Start the client with '-help' for a list of valid command line options.

dnetc v2.9112-521-CTR-16021317 for OpenCL on Linux (Linux 4.18.0-10-lowlatency).
Please provide the *entire* version descriptor when submitting bug reports.
The distributed.net bug report pages are at http://bugs.distributed.net/
Using email address (distributed.net ID) 'william_carlsson@hotmail.com'

[Mar 04 03:30:44 UTC] Automatic processor detection found 2 processors.
[Mar 04 03:30:44 UTC] Loading crunchers with work...
[Mar 04 03:30:44 UTC] Automatic processor type detection did not
                      recognize the processor (tag: "AMD CARRIZO (DRM 3.26.0, 4.18.0-10-lowlatency, LLVM 7.0.0) ")
[Mar 04 03:30:45 UTC] RC5-72: Running micro-bench to select fastest core...
[Mar 04 03:30:50 UTC] Error building cl program on device 0
[Mar 04 03:30:50 UTC] Error code -11, message: Program build failure
[Mar 04 03:30:50 UTC] Build log returned 715 bytes
Build Log:
input.cl:56:17: warning: implicit declaration of function 'amd_bytealign' is invalid in OpenCL
input.cl:12:19: note: expanded from macro 'SWAP'
input.cl:58:12: warning: implicit declaration of function 'amd_bitalign' is invalid in OpenCL
input.cl:11:20: note: expanded from macro 'ROTL'
input.cl:61:10: warning: implicit declaration of function 'amd_bytealign' is invalid in OpenCL
input.cl:65:10: warning: implicit declaration of function 'amd_bitalign' is invalid in OpenCL
<unknown>:0:0: in function ocl_rc572_1pipe void (i32 addrspace(4)*, i32 addrspace(1)*): unsupported indirect call to function amd_bytealign

[Mar 04 03:30:50 UTC] RC5-72: using core #0 (CL ANSI 1-pipe).
[Mar 04 03:30:50 UTC] *Break* Shutting down...
[Mar 04 03:30:50 UTC] Shutdown complete.

vendor_id    : AuthenticAMD
cpu family    : 21
model        : 101
model name    : AMD A10-9620P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G

00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Wani [Radeon R5/R6/R7 Graphics] (rev ca) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Wani [Radeon R5/R6/R7 Graphics]
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 43
Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
Memory at f0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=8M]
I/O ports at f000 [size=256]
Memory at feb00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: [48] Vendor Specific Information: Len=08 <?>
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
Capabilities: [58] Express Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
Capabilities: [a0] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
Capabilities: [100] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=010 <?>
Capabilities: [270] #19
Capabilities: [2b0] Address Translation Service (ATS)
Capabilities: [2c0] Page Request Interface (PRI)
Capabilities: [2d0] Process Address Space ID (PASID)
Kernel driver in use: amdgpu
Kernel modules: amdgpu

Linux KWOAMD 4.18.0-10-lowlatency #11-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Thu Oct 11 21:56:25 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

0 Likes

You need an AMD Moderator from OpenCL to "White list" you so that you can post. Normally Deepak is the one that does it. Now I don't know who. Need to wait for one of the AMD Moderators to become aware of this post so that they can give your access. Since I mentioned Deepak, they should become aware of this post.

Give it a couple of days and see if they respond.

0 Likes

Hi scarfez‌,

I have whitelisted you, now you should be able to post in AMD DevGurus community.

Thank you, elstaci‌.

By the way, as per this driver download page 7th Gen A10-9600P APU Drivers & Support | AMD , it seems currently there is no linux driver for the above APU.

Looks like ROCm has some limited support for Bristol Ridge APUs but it depends on the OEM/ODM configuration. For more see: GitHub - RadeonOpenCompute/ROCm: ROCm - Open Source Platform for HPC and Ultrascale GPU Computing 

Thanks.

Thanks dipak, appreciated. I could not help but noticing there seems to be plenty of developer resources for Linux but i fail to find any at all for Windows, i may be a rogue for trying to find some developer tools for OpenCL under Windows, my OpenCL in Linux is broken so i can not use Linux, can you suggest something for Windows ?

Thanks again elstaci‌ & dipak

0 Likes

scarfez, I think most if not all AMD GPUs support OpenCL, mine:

pastedImage_1.jpg

But perhaps things are changing.  Please do a search, using the magnifying glass at the top right here, for OpenCL.  Good luck, John.

EDIT: See here: https://community.amd.com/thread/233197 

0 Likes

misterj‌ my OpenCL is working in Windows, but there are no developer tools that can be both found and obtained for Windows

There are a lot of developer tools for Linux, but wont help me as my OpenCL is not working in Linux and I can not figure out which distribution and version of Linux that has working amd opencl, if such a official distribution exists at all.

The solution seems to be the amdgpupro, which i can not locate nor download

0 Likes

If you are on ubuntu, it literally is the first thing that AMD proposes you

Ok, the new website design is screwed hard and hides linux software for all APUs.

Anyway, this is it: Radeon™ Software for Linux® 18.50 Release Notes | AMD 

If you are on other distros, there are comfy opencl-amd packages.

Great, thank you. I am on uBuntu (again now after trying to find a distro with working amd OpenCL)

Appreciated, bless you

0 Likes

Wiped my 19.04 ubuntu installation, installed 18.04 but the amdgpu-pro dkms wont build/install, still no OpenCL and display randomly rotates 90 degree CCW

Looks like i have proven A10-9620P will not run Linux + OpenCL

Windows Only

Anyhow, Thank you for all the suggestions and attempts

0 Likes

> install any arch-based distro (manjaro and antergos are the obvious cakewalks)

> install opencl-amd from AUR

> ???

> profit

0 Likes

Unfortunately my wifi is using iwlwifi which is not provided with the Manjaro install, i presume the same applies to Antergos, but I'll check if Antergos has a live image to test with before i re-partition my hd yet again, yes it would be Dual boot if it works, but i doubt the amdgpu will compile 

0 Likes

Thanks, Antergos ftw, no other distributions worked on my A10-9620P

Much appreciated

0 Likes

Hi scarfez‌,

I already have whitelisted you, so you should be able to post in the OpenCL forum. If you face any problem to access, please let me know.

trying to find some developer tools for OpenCL under Windows

After installing a compatible driver from here AMD Drivers and Support ,  please download this OpenCL SDK: Releases · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/OCL-SDK · GitHub . This SDK provides all the headers and libraries that are required for OpenCL development. 

[Edit]: Moving this thread to OpenCL forum.

Thanks.

mirh
Adept III

Bristol Ridge has a gcn 3rd gen gpu.

That means OpenCL is supported under both the AMDGPU-PRO closed driver, and ROCm.

The latter is still kind of experimental, and it's kind of very sensible to OEM/motherboard though.

So.. What's so difficult about using the former?

0 Likes

mirh‌ any suggestions on how to obtain AMDGPU-PRO and ROCm ? And would you know the prices ?

The former = amdgpu ? Not working for me, at all. But if you know of a specific version and distribution of Linux in which it is known to be working in, please enlighten me.

This is all i get;

distributed.net client for OpenCL on Linux Copyright 1997-2016, distributed.net
Please visit http://www.distributed.net/ for up-to-date contest information.
Start the client with '-help' for a list of valid command line options.

dnetc v2.9112-521-CTR-16021317 for OpenCL on Linux (Linux 4.19.0-13-generic).
Please provide the *entire* version descriptor when submitting bug reports.
The distributed.net bug report pages are at http://bugs.distributed.net/
Using email address (distributed.net ID) 'william_carlsson@hotmail.com'

[Mar 08 19:41:19 UTC] Automatic processor detection found 1 processor.
[Mar 08 19:41:21 UTC] Automatic processor type detection did not
recognize the processor (tag: "AMD CARRIZO (DRM 3.27.0, 4.19.0-13-generic, LLVM 7.0.1) ")
[Mar 08 19:41:21 UTC] RC5-72: Running micro-bench to select fastest core...
[Mar 08 19:41:27 UTC] Error building cl program on device 0
[Mar 08 19:41:27 UTC] Error code -11, message: Program build failure
[Mar 08 19:41:27 UTC] Build log returned 715 bytes
Build Log:
input.cl:56:17: warning: implicit declaration of function 'amd_bytealign' is invalid in OpenCL
input.cl:58:12: warning: implicit declaration of function 'amd_bitalign' is invalid in OpenCL
input.cl:61:10: warning: implicit declaration of function 'amd_bytealign' is invalid in OpenCL
input.cl:65:10: warning: implicit declaration of function 'amd_bitalign' is invalid in OpenCL
<unknown>:0:0: in function ocl_rc572_1pipe void (i32 addrspace(4)*, i32 addrspace(1)*): unsupported indirect call to function amd_bytealign

[Mar 08 19:41:27 UTC] RC5-72: using core #0 (CL ANSI 1-pipe).
[Mar 08 19:41:27 UTC] *Break* Shutting down...
[Mar 08 19:41:27 UTC] Shutdown complete.

Thanks

0 Likes