cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

Vynski
Exemplar

Windows Insider Program

Is anyone else enrolled into the Windows Insider Program?

I have been in it when it first became available.  They have expanded the offers to 4 choices for channels of content.  I believe they are Canary, Dev, Beta, and Release Preview.  They recommend the Beta channel, but I'm in the Dev channel.  I had a few problems while in the Beta channel where the updates would download and install showing 100% then it would crash and say it was unsuccessful.  Part of that may have been due to the old Ryzen 7 2700 and the RX 480 GPU.  Don't know, but that is when I switched to the Dev channel and haven't had any problems since. 

If your interested in the program, My suggestion is to simply go to the Windows Insider Program site and see what they have to offer.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
2 Solutions
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I was a part of it at one time, but I found the frequent big updates and restarts irritating so I turned it off lol. Ive only been in the beta channel though, so maybe one of the other ones would be better for me

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

View solution in original post

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I passed on it.  I might have signed up many years ago but I haven't been testing anything for Microsoft lately.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I was a part of it at one time, but I found the frequent big updates and restarts irritating so I turned it off lol. Ive only been in the beta channel though, so maybe one of the other ones would be better for me

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I passed on it.  I might have signed up many years ago but I haven't been testing anything for Microsoft lately.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

On rare ocasions I get a Green Screen of Death instead of a Blue Screen.  I believe they are related to video display or something to do with it.  MS seems to take consideration with the problems and fix them quickly.  That's what I like about the program.  The one thing I wish they would work on was letting you see what changes are in the updates without having to search for the preview of changes being made.  Cause I don't use XBox at all, in fact I think it is uninstalled on my machines. Like you, I haven't had very many problems with the program and think it is beneficial.

One question for you.  What is your opinion of the CoPilot app?  I really have no use for it, and even tried it for a while, have it disabled now.  I don't use the Cloud storage and am not on board with the AI crap. 

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"