cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

How was everyone's Christmas?

Did you get what you asked for? Enjoy your time with family and friends? I'd like to know how you spent it ☺️

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
11 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Well, let's see now.  I got a new gaming chair, a new set of Klipsch speakers, a nice bottle of Barolo Grappa, and I just received from Amazon a few new wireless mice (EVGA X20 @ $20 each).  We spent time with our grandkids and our son, along with my wife's brother.  It was a good time and nice weather too.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Sounds like a wonderful xmas @BigAl01!  what did you get for a gaming chair?

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

This one called ‘Emerge’.  I found it on sale at Staples.

IMG_8375.jpeg

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

And is it comfortable for those long hrs of gaming?

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I haven't really tried it out yet.  I've been gaming on other machines.  I have 11 gaming machines on my LAN you know.  

Family LAN party on this past Labor Day Weekend.Family LAN party on this past Labor Day Weekend.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Only 11? I think you need one more haha

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I have power limitations, especially in the basement area.  I do have a few more 'non-gaming' computers that just need a decent video card upgrade, but it's rather cramped around the work bench with four computers in that area.

ThreeDee
Paragon

My Christmas was grand and glorious!

ThreeDee PC specs
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Good to hear that! ☺️

Vynski
Exemplar

I posted this in the New Years Resolution topic because it kind of fit there as well.  I guess you could say mine was pretty good but a have to situation.  My 30 year old truck is causing too many problems.

20240114_131450.jpg20240114_113427.jpg20240114_113450.jpg

RAM 3500 Tradesman 6.4 HEMI with 8 speed automatic.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
Vynski
Exemplar

The funny part about this thing is; as computer literate as I am this thing drives me nuts trying to access certain features.  It's no wonder they have so many accidents with all of these distractions.  Only 3 distractions I need on a vehicle: fuel gauge, speedometer, and tach.  You see I'm one of those types that don't even use the clutch when shifting up through the gears, and sometimes when downshifting.  I don't like distractions when I drive.  I stay focused on the road and all of my surroundings and keep both hands on the wheel with seat belts fastened.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes