cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

Key-J
Paragon

What If? - You won the lottery.

I'm curious - what would you do if you wake up one morning, bleary-eyed and groggy, and decide to check your lottery ticket and suddenly realize... YOU'VE WON THE JACKPOT! 

$13,500,000 Canadian Dollars (Or whatever your equivalent of $10,000,000 USD is)

What would you do if you won this colossal fortune? 

• Are you itching to jump on the next plane and explore the farthest corners of the globe?
  • Maybe you'd like to bask in the sun on a tropical island, sipping colorful cocktails while your worries melt away?
  • Would you build a state-of-the-art gaming studio?
  • Would you donate to your favorite charity, set up a scholarship fund, or support initiatives to save the world?

Let your imagination run wild, and no judgments here.

I'll put down my answer below, but will love to see what others come up with.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
1 Solution
Key-J
Paragon

OK NEW RULE!

Everyone who replies, and those who have already replied but didn't do it:
@Amber_AMD , @Axxemann , @Wally_AMD , @GreatnessRD @jamesc359 

You HAVE to link to one "fun" thin you would buy, like a Yacht, Car, Helicopter, House, Coffee Machine, Cool Sword, Robot Butler .... whatever!

But you need to link to it!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

View solution in original post

46 Replies
venaur
Elite

Tough. I dont think i'd quit, but maybe do reduced hours. Mainly i'd pay off all my debt, then finally have kids. We have been saving for IVF and surrogacy, and thats been hard. Its just so insanely expensive. 

The trick to never working a day again in your life is to find something truly FUN to do. For me, it would either be flying an airplane (at least I think it would be. I wouldn't go airlines because of my age, but maybe working as a ferry pilot for GA aircraft would do it,) building PCs, or getting back on the highway and driving again... but this time as a Class 1. 

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes

I do work on what I like 😀

But as soon as I get in touch with some end users... 😡

Its aaallllll downhiiiiiill 😵

"My computer makes a loud noise during my late work night, throws me out of focus. I need you to make it completely silent!" - CPU FAN KICKING IN

"I think my laptop is overheating, when I touch it its so hot!" - LAPTOP BURIED UNDER A TON OF BOOKS

"SOMEONE HACKED OUR KIOSKS!!!!!!" - It was the chrome TREX offline game

"I don't like this computer, its ugly" - Its a standard issue laptop as a work tool

"Haven't we upgraded the wi-fi to the latest standard? What a waste of money!" - Holds a 2016 Phone

The Englishman

Thanks for reminding me why I didn't go into IT. I just don't have the temperament for it. I'd be breaking noses left and right with how stupid some people can be. 

Granted, I've had a number of "DUH!" moments, which I will gladly call my own stupidity out on with IT so we can all have a laugh at my expense. 9 times out of 10, the issue is PEBKAC. 

Performance over Pretty.
red5
Miniboss

I'd tell my wife to quit her job and become a full-time philanthropist.  We've both always done different things to give back, so this would seem like a logical thing to do. I'd keep working, because in all honesty $10 million won't go as far as you think.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
burstfadehc
Adept I

Winning the lottery would prompt careful financial planning, including hiring advisors and diversifying investments. Immediate priorities would be clearing debts and creating an emergency fund. Lifestyle changes might involve upgrading living arrangements, travel, and pursuing passions. Philanthropy and helping loved ones would be priorities, and legal considerations would be addressed. Maintaining privacy and security is crucial, while also allowing for personal growth and well-being.

0 Likes

I would buy a house with a large enough area to build an outdoor kitchen like Guy has with his indoor kitchen. I would go to culinary school cause I love to cook but would love to take it to the next level. Pretty simple and easy and would like to fund a feed the homeless shelter with foods that are of the nature that they usually do not get as you never know why someone is homeless and less fortunate that the rest.

0 Likes