cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

filinux
Elite

Thank you AMD Red Team ESPECIALLY Ashley & Sam (March Contest)

THANK YOU!!

After anxiously watching the Fedex package tracking app for what seemed to drag on for a LONG time (2 days 😀) my package from AMD March Sweepstakes finally arrived!!  I was so excited because anyone/everyone who knows me knows I am a straight up hardware JUNKIE!  Bleeding edge new tech, GIMME!  Old laptop you found in the corner of the garage, GIMME! Ras-pi, GIMME, big iron mainframe GIMME!  I just love it!!  Normally with new tech I probably look like a kid on a Christmas candy high tearing into presents as I open the shipping packaging.  

I was in full on get to the hardware in the box ASAP mode when I found something special.  Under the typical packaging was a rather heavy feeling nice notebook/planner with the "AMD" logo on the cover.  I thought "Wow, BONUS! Very cool of them. Back to the hardware!!". I opened  the front page to see if the pages were dated and there was a handwritten note from Ashley & Sam congratulating me on the win & a few other things.  I know a lot may not understand this, I don't know if I would if reading this from another, but it really meant a lot to me to see that someone took a little time to do something so kind.  I was so impressed with it I  went and showed my mother and visiting friends the notebook.  It sparked a WONDERFUL and lengthy discussion about being kind and how sometimes the smallest kindnesses can have the biggest impact.  Things we all know but don't always take the time to do.   Definitely got a lot more then I expected!! 

THANK YOU AGAIN Ashley & Sam for taking the time to write the note, for the great prize, having the monthly contest, and for all your efforts here that make this a great community.

BTW:  I of course was right back to the hardware afterwards, looking, reading, and planning!!  I have not opened the actual GPU yet but I have narrowed down what I may use it for to three possibilities .  Hope many more of the great people here get to win & experience this first hand as well!!  

4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

The handwritten note is indeed a really nice touch, I also got one 😄 

Congrats on your prize! 😄

The Englishman

Hello!!

It is always nice to meet other NOTEworthy individuals! 🤣🤣

Congrats to you as well!!  

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Congrats!

No pics? 😛

Wow, @filinux , thank you so much for the lovely post! We’re so appreciative of your support, and you’ve absolutely made my week! I feel extremely grateful to be a part of this community. 😊

Can't wait to hear about what you build with the GPU! 👀

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •