cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

popichu
Adept II

Switch to AMD Video card?

I have an RTX 3060 (yes i know roast me for not using AMD)

The card is a few months old, and is in very good condition. Am wondering if I should sell, and switch to an AMD video card.

Thoughts?

2 Solutions
TDM
Adept I

To be honest this sounds like Trolling.

It's really up to you.. I run a 6800XT and haven't used team green sense the 8800GT, and wont go back.

View solution in original post

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

It really is a difficult decision. I would do what @johnnyenglish said and wait for the new GPUs from AMD to at least be announced on the 3rd of November. I have seen many people have issues on both sides, the Nvidia 3000 series, as well as the AMD RX 6000 series. What is your reason behind the desire to upgrade? 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TDM
Adept I

To be honest this sounds like Trolling.

It's really up to you.. I run a 6800XT and haven't used team green sense the 8800GT, and wont go back.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I know the 40 series just got out but the 3060 is still pretty fine, why would you want to update it? 

Not enough fps? You can go DLSS to improve those.

If you really have a wallet full of Cash burning a hole in your pocket, wait for 3rd November.

New AMD cards coming. 

The Englishman
Axton
Challenger

Having previously only owned nvidia and getting a 6950xt this year, I'll suggest you carefully weigh your options. I won't praise AMD but I don't have as bad of problems that some do here. 

Would I do it again if I had a time machine? Probably not.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

It really is a difficult decision. I would do what @johnnyenglish said and wait for the new GPUs from AMD to at least be announced on the 3rd of November. I have seen many people have issues on both sides, the Nvidia 3000 series, as well as the AMD RX 6000 series. What is your reason behind the desire to upgrade? 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB