cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

Key-J
Paragon

Share with us your favourite recipe.

Ok, so it doesn't have to be your favourite recipe, but one that you would recommend members of the Red Team try out.

To get things started, as a proud Colombian, I am going to recommend you guys try: Arepas!

Arepas.jpg

Also, this might have been influenced by the Alienware x AMD Red Team: Dead by Daylight stream on Tuesday: https://clips.twitch.tv/PeppyComfortableWallabyPeteZarollTie-RL8CBxQ13FGdVSir

So, there are lots of different types of Arepas, and there are also lots of countries that claim ownership of Arepas, but the reality is that they are Colombian and if anyone tells you otherwise THEY ARE LIARS!

calming-down-calm-down.gif

Ingredients:

• 1 Cup HARINA PAN (Cooked Cornmeal / Masarepa)
  • 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella / Queso Fresco
  • 3/4 Cup Warm Water
  • 1 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Teaspoon Oil
  • 1 Tablespoon Butter

Directions:

• In a large bowl, kneading by hand, mix together the Harina Pan, Salt & Oil. Then slowly continue to add the warm water until a soft moist dough is formed.
  • Take a small amount of dough, and between your palms flatten it into a rough disc shape.
  • Add the handful of your cheese into the middle of your disk.
  • Fold your disk back over until it becomes a ball again.
  • Reform your cheese-filled dough ball into a disk either by hand or using an Arepa press.
  • In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the butter to melt and then place your Arepa to cook.
  • Cook each side for about 3-4 minutes.
  • Serve hot.

KeyJ_2-1679503134073.png

Hope you enjoy the recipe, can't wait to hear if you end up trying Arepas - and can't wait to see what recipe you share!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
17 Replies

That looks delicious. 👍

Tastes much better than it looks 😉

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
rtbh99
Challenger

Whenever my husband and I are on a vegan diet, this recipe is one of our staples: https://veganhuggs.com/vegan-mac-n-cheese/

Very tasty and creamy when I make it correctly(sometimes i make too much pasta and the sauce is too thin)

---
lets talk about rtbh99

It would be hard for me to go into vegan recipes, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the one you shared and people enjoying it! We do vegetarian from time to time, and we recently did a bean burger that was fantastic!

----------
0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

Another one from my upbringing that I have to share with you guys, even though it is not a "recipe-recipe".

Mie Goreng - Specifically the Indonesian one from IndoMie.

indomie-mi-goreng-special_detail_094906814.png

You have honestly never had good instant noodles until you have had these, and the best part is that you drain the soup so it isn't drowning in soup. Making it is super easy.

Directions:

• Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
  • Add one or two packets of Mie Goreng to the water.
  • On a plate, pour the content of the flavour packets onto the plate.
    • Flavoured Oil, Soya Sauce, Bumbu Powder & Crispy Onions
      • OPTIONAL: Sambal if you want it spicy
  • When the noodles are cooked, drain the noodles ensuring to get rid of as much liquid as possible.
  • Poor the noodles onto the place, and mix well with all of the seasonings until evenly coated.
  • OPTIONAL: Place a medium fried egg on top & additional garnishings.
  • Enjoy.

indomie-fried-noodles-microwave_thumb_133150772.jpg

I promise you that you will be left with one of the most addictive instant noodles you have ever had.

I normally eat them for breakfast, but you can enjoy them as a snack/meal pretty much any time of day or night.

The most amazing thing is that Mie Goreng has transcended into all these crazy recipes you can try:

https://www.indomie.com/recipes

----------
ThreeDee
Paragon

Go into the fridge

Grab whatever has been sitting in there before it goes bad

Slice it .. Dice it .. throw it in a skillet

Throw some Garlic Power, Onion Powder, and copious amounts of Pepper on it

Cook it up until you thinks it's done

And then ..... BAM!

Now you got yourself a delicious meal that your family members will be singing songs and telling stories about for years ... nay .. decades ... to come!

ThreeDee PC specs

I mean... I can see the potential for some not so amazing meals 😛

----------
0 Likes

Sounds like my All-In Stew, or S-Mix Soup! 🤣

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes
Axxemann
Forerunner

One of my favorites is Smoked Queso. This is a Queso dip that any Texan would be proud of, and amazed that it came off the bbq pit belonging to an Alberta boy!

2lb brick of Velveeta (gotta use the good stuff. It's also surprisingly hard to find in my neck of the woods)

1 lb of your favorite cheese. I like a blend of Old Cheddar, Pepperjack and Gouda. DO NOT USE PRE-SHREDDED!

2 cans of Ro-Tel (use your favorite, I like the fire-roasted pepper kind!)

1lb of ground breakfast sausage (or taco beef, or venison, chorizo... really, do it how YOU want!)

2 small cans of hatch green chilies if you like a bit extra heat like I do.

1 can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken condensed soup (the recipe I adapted calls for cream of jalapeno... that doesn't exist around here. Cream of Mushroom will work, too! Key point: MAKE IT YOUR OWN! We're cooking, not doing rocket surgery.)

1/2 medium onion, minced (optional)

2 tablespoons (or to taste) of your favorite BBQ rub. I like to blend Killer Hogs and Dirty Bird Hot.

A 14" dutch oven or a cast iron skillet big enough to hold everything and fit on your pit. If you're not going to smoke it (that's where the magic happens) then a 7qt pot on the stove should work.

Chop the Velveeta into roughly 1 inch cubes, smaller if you want it to melt faster. Shred the rest of the cheese. It'll melt easier than cubing, but do it your way.

In your designated cooking vessel, brown your meat and drain off the fat. If you're adding the onion, do it before you drain off the fat. Use that liquid gold to get some good color on the onions.

One the meat is drained, and off the fire, dump your Ro-Tel and Hatch chilies in. We want the liquid in there, too! Add your BBQ rub, and give it a quick stir.

Add your Velveeta and shredded cheese, along with the soup. Load it onto your pit (I use a kettle grill, but you can do this on a pellet grill, offset, gasser with a smoke tube... or your stove...) and let it rock along uncovered until everything is melted, gooey, smoky and DELICIOUS. Needless to say, you'll want to stir it up every 15-20 minutes or so. I recommend using Hickory or Pecan to smoke this, but your favorite wood/pellet will be fine. I can't get oak for the life of me here, but I could see that being the Central Texas way.

Optionally, you can add some chopped cilantro (I'm one of those freaks that thinks cilantro tastes like the classic green Palmolive dish soap, so I skip it) in the last 5 minutes and then top off with a sprinkle and a spoon full of pico de gallo as a garnish. I've never really bothered with making it look pretty, because fist fights have nearly broken out over who gets to lick out the pot when it's all gone. Serve it up with your favorite tortilla chip, over fries, on eggs and hash... eat it with a freakin' spoon... That's all on you.

Performance over Pretty.

This sounds heavy, but delicious!

----------
0 Likes

Ideally, you dunk tortilla chips in it. Not too heavy at all if you exercise moderation. I made a 10 quart pot of this for my sister's wedding, and half of it disappeared that night between about 40 people. The rest was gone at brunch the next day when people realized it went really well on eggs and hashbrowns 😄

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

"moderation"

hahahaha..ha.. ha...

KeyJ_1-1683579772345.gif

----------

No 💩 eh?

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes
moseschastain
Journeyman III

Here's my favorite and classic recipe for Beef Stroganoff with ground beef:

Ingredients:

• 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Egg noodles or rice, for serving
  • Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)

Instructions:

1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat until fully cooked. Remove the cooked beef from the skillet and set aside.
  2. In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
  3. Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they release their moisture and start to brown.
  4. Push the onion and mushroom mixture to one side of the skillet. Sprinkle the flour over the empty side of the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, to cook off the raw flour taste.
  5. Slowly pour in the beef broth, stirring continuously to combine the flour with the broth and create a smooth sauce.
  6. Add the cooked ground beef back to the skillet, along with the Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
  7. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  8. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the sour cream until well incorporated.
  9. Serve the beef stroganoff over cooked egg noodles or rice. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.

This recipe captures the traditional flavors of Beef Stroganoff while utilizing ground beef.

I am actually so happy to see the "with rice" option - because I have had SO many people tell me that stroganoff can only be made with noodles, and I grew up eating it with rice.

----------
0 Likes

This is absolutely my favourite thread ever! Definitely gonna be going through these recipes sometime, saving them, and trying them out.

電腦 : 5800X3D • Sapphire Pulse 6800XT • 32GB 3600 • B550 Tomahawk • Superflower 850W Gold • Phanteks 400A Digital

Glad you like it! Hopefully you have a recipe to share sometime too!

----------
0 Likes