Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

I have returned from maternity leave!

Hello everyone! 

As many of you know, for the last 5 months I was on maternity leave. Becoming a mom has been one of the most beautiful things I could have ever imagined, and brought me so many new perspectives to life. Asher arrived on December 15th and I enjoyed every second of my time away from work with my little boy... but, I AM BACK!

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Amber and I'm a Digital Marketing Manager at AMD who focuses on the AMD Red Team Discord server (https://discord.gg/amd-red-team).

If you're not a part of the server, join in and come hang out! Would love to get to know you all. 

Bonus question: If you are a parent yourself, what is the funniest thing your child has done? 🙂 

Amber_AMD_1-1715695957063.png

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
19 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

That is so nice to know. Its an amazing Journey. Lots of giggles, nerves, bad nights and so on.

But I would't trade it for nothing.

My kid (Diego), yesterday learned how to use the potty. Then got up and spilled everything. But wait!

Not yet happy. It went behind the bathroom door and left a small poop there. 

And said: "its done!"

Welcome Asher!

The Englishman

I wouldn't trade it for anything either 🙂 

LOL they left you a stinky surprise 😂 that's so funny. I am so nervous when it's time for potty training days because of that very reason. 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

I've learned that we shouldn't rush it and let the kid see and gain interest. He will find it funny and then wants to do the same.

The worst part for me is that he takes forever to eat, dinner takes like 1h30 of....

"Come on Diego, eat please" while he slowly chews. Unless its His favorite meal. Spaghetti.

The Englishman
Dragokar
Miniboss

Welcome back.

Thank you!! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
Eudicots
Adept III

Welcome back and Congrats

Thanks so much! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Welcome back Amber.  We've missed you here in the forum.

Our son Tom did something when he was a young teenager.  He decided he was going to paint a picture in our music room on the coffee table while we were away.  He used blue paint.  When we came home, I noticed a different rug under the coffee table.  Yes, he had spilled most of the can of paint on the carpet under the coffee table and then tried to cover it up.  But he ended up getting a degree in Fine Art at George Mason University, so I guess it evens out.  A year later we had wood floors installed in that room.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Thank you, Allen! 

LOL, sounds like the paint really worked out for him in the end 😉 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
rtbh99
Challenger

welcome back amber, and welcome asher!

---
lets talk about rtbh99

Thank you bunches! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes
eebiii
Forerunner

Congrats Amber! 

spinalfailed
Challenger

Congratulations and welcome back!

First congratulations on the birth of your son Asher.

I know that you will be excited and joyful seeing your baby's "Firsts" in everything like taking it first steps or speaking for the first time the word "Mama" or "Dada" especially. 

When I read the name of your newborn son was called Asher it reminded me of a Jewish or Biblical name. So I googled it and indeed it is a Hebrew name:

Found this Hebrew site about Hebrew names: https://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Asher.html

Screenshot 2024-05-09 194017.pngScreenshot 2024-05-17 193203.png

So if you call your son "HAPPY" as a nickname it would be the same as calling him Asher since they both mean the same thing.

Anyways, Maybe Asher will be blessed with a younger sister or brother in the future (-: . 

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

Welcome back Amber.

Hope you are ready for many sleepless nights.  Wouldn't trade them for anything.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

Hey Amber, "It's Me Again Margaret", an old Ray Stevens tune.  

Guess what?

Asher has the same birthday as my youngest son, Dec. 15, only 1987.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Well shoot! .. Congratulations! 

I'm 54 and have a 15yr old daughter

My only regret now is not having more kids when I was younger

I don't have just one funny moment with my daughter because she's a crack up and we have each other in stitches on a regular basis .. she's also an extremely talented drawer and she plop goofy stuff on my desk from time to time. She can do real stuff but likes doing Anime' stuff

art project at schoolart project at school

..a time lapse of one of her projects on her drawing tablet

ThreeDee PC specs
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Cool art work.  She has talent.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
Axxemann
Forerunner

Welcome back, Amber!

Performance over Pretty.