cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

brutalb3ast
Adept I

How to initiate ssd after de raiding the drive and deleting the arrays

How to initiate ssd after de raiding the drive and deleting the arrays.

I'm  not sure how my drives got setupped as raid but recently after a bios update i came to know my ssd were setuped as raid drive.

So i followed the amd instruction on how to deraid and delete the arrays but now the problem everything said and done my drive are no intialising.

I can se them in bios as m.2 drive but in the disk manager and diskpart the drive are not showing up.

Any help is appreciated. 

Mobo - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-PRO-AC-rev-1x/support#support-dl-driver

1 Solution
brutalb3ast
Adept I

Solved The Issue of dreive not appearing by using AMD Cleanup Utility, after the utility cleaned my pc with all the AMD drivers my drives were back up just need to reformat and create volume from unaloocated space.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming you already re-scanned in disk-mangler, usually just deleting the array in the bios raid tool is sometimes all you need to do.

Check your SATA controller setting in the bios and make sure it is not in RAID mode.

Turn on your computer and press to enter BIOS Setup during the POST (Power-On Self-Test). Under Settings\IO Ports, set SATA Configuration\SATA Mode to RAID. Then save the settings and restart your computer. (If you want to use NVMe PCIe SSDs to configure RAID, make sure to set NVMe RAID mode to Enabled.) <<< UNDO THIS

Cheers!

I did already check my SATA is set to ACHI mode, the question was regarding NVME SSD which are secondary drives. 
It's a mistake from end failing to mention so. 
I deleted the aray from AMD Raid Utility , then went in bios double checked if the arrys are gone( Confirmed) , Disabled NVEME Raid Mode > started the pc still no signes of the drives not even in dis manage but in the BIOS i can see both device reconganized as M.2 Drives

brutalb3ast
Adept I

Solved The Issue of dreive not appearing by using AMD Cleanup Utility, after the utility cleaned my pc with all the AMD drivers my drives were back up just need to reformat and create volume from unaloocated space.

I'm happy you figured it out.  Maybe others will learn from your experience.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

Man I really should try and visit more often when I am on the road.  Coming late to the party....

That being said.

One of the ways I like to rescue drives that are discoverable but not....

Load up you windows install disk like you are trying to in install windows.  I find the set up utility can help you find and unallocate/reformat stubborn drives specially if they a discoverable in bios and bonus you can partition them while you are there if needed 😉

Michael Alan Horton