cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Christmas Is Coming

Earlier this month I built my brother his PC. It has an ASRock B650M Pro RS Wifi motherboard, 32GB of DDR5 5200 memory, a Ryzen 5 7600 CPU, a Samsung 980 Pro NVMe with heatsink, Corsair RM750e PSU, and an XFX Speedster SWFT210 RX 7600 CORE Gaming GPU. All of that and a DeepCool AK620 CPU cooler in a Fractal Meshify C case.

I have been waiting all month for this to give my mom her gift that I split with one of my brothers, a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite tablet and a case for it. I have had to stop myself from giving her our gift early several times. She does a lot for the family, between making sure my nieces and nephew are taken care of to making sure my brothers and I are doing okay.

I picked up my niece's gifts from the store last week, and I think she will be over the moon. I got her a Barbie and some rubber duckies with unicorn horns. My older sister's gift just got here today. We got her a food slicer thingy that she had been wanting all year. She is an awesome person. She helped me through the worst times of my life, and has been there for the best parts.

I am grateful for my family this holiday season. This is the first Christmas, in a while, that I have been so excited. I really can't wait to see everyone open their gifts. It is going to be a rough 5 days, but it will be worth it. 

What are you getting or giving this holiday? Are you as excited as I am? 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
6 Replies
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

That all sounds awesome, @cpurpe91! Christmas is my 2nd favorite holiday (behind Halloween), and as I get older, I really enjoy giving rather than receiving. (I love gifts, but I love making folks happy more).

We're keeping it small this year since my wife and I (oh, did I mention I got married on Dec. 1? 😁) are recovering financially from our wedding, haha.

I got her a few things she wanted to make her days cozy. A nice comfy robe, fuzzy socks, accessories for her Kindle, and some  other little things.

I don't know if I'm getting anything because we told each other (and our families) that we didn't want anything, so we'll see!

Congratulations. That is awesome. Everyone deserves to be cozy in these colder months.

I asked for a few items that would make things easier, but nothing too crazy. The few things other than tools I asked for were some overpriced speakers, but I don't think I will be getting those. I usually ask for socks and the like just so I can throw out my old socks and replace them with new.

It really is more fun getting things for others, especially when they expect to get nothing. 

I haven't been in a position to buy for others in a long time so I am excited to see when they get their gifts. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Congratulations @Wally_AMD !  My wife Sandra and I will be celebrating our 40th anniversary in a week - on Christmas Eve.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I'm geting a lot of requests for gifts this year and now my Mrs said:

Mrs:"How do you feel if you buy something from Republic of Gamers this Christmas?"
Me: "what???? Are you OK?"
Mrs: "Here, look, buy this......  but its for me"
Me: "I..?"
Mrs: "What? Its just a bag. Like my other bags."

johnnyenglish_0-1703087926253.png

The Englishman

At least she told you what she wanted. I had to ask my brother to message my dad with gift ideas a few times before he actually did it.

That is a sweet bag. If I had a laptop I would invest in one just like that. 

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I had to make a quick trip back to Canada to get my dogs, so I guess I'm just happy to spend Christmas with family. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED