Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

Vynski
Exemplar

Bucket List

Do you have a bucket list?

At the top of my bucket list is to fly, not just ride, fly a Corsair F4U.  Last time I checked, I think there are only 11 or 12 in existence.  That might be why they have a price of over 1 mil.  I know it will not likely happen since I'm 73 but it has been a long time wish.

Second on my list is to drive a top fuel eliminator for 5 seconds.  The rush is what keeps these guys and gals going.  These machines are incredible.  Once again it will not likely happen.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
15 Replies
Key-J
Paragon

A life bucket list of mine is to learn how to fly a Helicopter.

KeyJ_0-1665071077610.gif

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

As simple as it is (and definitely doable), I'd love to travel around Europe. I've only been to 4 states in the United States, and just want to see more of the world.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

We are visiting eight countries in the next few weeks.  It's a Viking Cruise called the European Sojourn.

The European Sojourn cruise on a Viking river boat.The European Sojourn cruise on a Viking river boat.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Do you get to be one of the oar men, or is it motorized.

I've heard of this! My fiancée and I were actually considering something like this in the next few years (again, since I've never been to Europe). I hope you all have a wonderful time on your Viking voyage. 😄

Now that's an awesome idea, I would really like to to this.

The Englishman
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I have wanted to visit the ISS for a number of years.  I know it's not going to happen, but I can dream.  I was able to be in the payload bay of a Space Shuttle that was on the launch pad in the 1980's.  I was a System Safety engineer helping to monitor the closeout operations on the payload they were taking up.  That was pretty exciting.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

My Bucket is getting filled but I really want more.

- 2 weeks in New York (CHECKED!)

johnnyenglish_0-1665183319832.pngjohnnyenglish_1-1665183344758.png

- Rail Trip to Japan (CHECKED!)

johnnyenglish_2-1665183442954.pngjohnnyenglish_3-1665183468645.png

- Route 66 (to be done)
- Rail Trip Sweden (to be done)
- Work abroad (I always wanted to work in Sweden, I like their work/life balance)

(... be a Youtuber) I'm trying.....

The Englishman

I've been all over the west pacific, US Navy Vietnam Vet.  I had a chance to go to the 1970 Worlds Fair in Osaka, but North Korea ruined that for us.  We were out on the line for 45 days and were really looking forward to that 3 days.  Although we missed Osaka we did get our 3 days of RR in Hong Kong.  

jd63636
Adept III

24 Hrs of Le Mans

isle of Man TT

A side trip to Ireland with either of the above.

Australia

Would like to go back to Japan

Ryzen 7 7700X | MSI RTX 4070Ti Suprim X| Gskill Flare X DDR5 6000 | MSI X670E Pro Carbon | Bequiet Pure Loop 2 FX 360mm | Lian Li Lancool III | Corsair HX1500i |4,140mm Lightwings 3 Fans

Who is your favorite driver in formula 1 / Indy car.  I always admired Alex Zanardi and Jimmy Vasser.  It was a shame what happened to Zanardi, although watching the way he drove you kind of new something bad was in his future.  He was a true winner.

Been to Samoa and that's about as close to Australia as I came. 

Not much of a traveler anymore.  While in the Navy you get to see the worst side of those countries instead of a tour of their best for show. 

0 Likes

One of my bucket list items is to vacation in Central Asia. A bit odd, I know.

電腦 : 5800X3D • Sapphire Pulse 6800XT • 32GB 3600 • B550 Tomahawk • Superflower 850W Gold • Phanteks 400A Digital
0 Likes
Brian-Emmons
Adept II

to climb Ben Nevis

0 Likes
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

I love this question!! 

I think on my bucket list, it's mostly to travel. I would love to go to Tokyo and Thailand someday... or even Alaska to see the northern lights. I love experiencing new things! 

hero-tokyo.jpg

 Tokyo

a5981c45-4f4d-44b8-a581-d9b10985fcb7.jpg

Thailand 

Aurora-AtigunPass-GettyImages-567448619.jpg

Alaska 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

You have to go to Tokyo, better yet! If you can, try 2 weeks there and travel across the country.

Reasons to go:

Things that you will only see there, like everyday cosplay in Akihabara and lots of tech.
Dontonbori in OSAKA is amazing at night.
Mount Inari at Kyoto is worth climbing.
Nara and its natural wildlife merging with the city.
Hotels are affordable.
Good Food is SUPER CHEAP! Like, Ramen for 650 Japan Yen and Good Sushi for 1800 Japan Yen.
Shinkansen Trains will take you anywhere fast.
The Castles are... well.. different.
JR Rail pass for tourist is affordable and will grant you access to All the Japan Railways in the country, either local trains or Shinkansen.

2 persons, 4 Hotels, 14days, good meals and lots of souvenirs. I spent about 4000€ in 2019 it should be more expensive now but still.. France, Italy and UK were far more expensive stays. I had to eat lots of  sandwiches in France because at a regular Restaurant I would pay 30-45€ for a person.

Journey

johnnyenglish_0-1666911032238.png

The Englishman
0 Likes