cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newcomers Start Here

exa211
Journeyman III

[RESOLVED] VK_KHR_shader_non_semantic_info not available on latest Radeon Driver and SDK

Hello,

i would like to use the GL_EXT_debug_printf extension in my GLSL shaders so i can use debugPrintfEXT. 

For this to properly work it is needed to activate the extension: VK_KHR_shader_non_semantic_info otherwise it will not work: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/doc/sdk/1.3.268.0/windows/debug_printf.html 

When i query the available extensions in my application i only get these extensions:

VK_KHR_device_group_creation                   
VK_KHR_external_fence_capabilities             
VK_KHR_external_memory_capabilities            
VK_KHR_external_semaphore_capabilities         
VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2         
VK_KHR_get_surface_capabilities2               
VK_KHR_surface                                 
VK_KHR_win32_surface                           
VK_EXT_debug_report                            
VK_EXT_debug_utils                             
VK_EXT_swapchain_colorspace                    
VK_KHR_portability_enumeration                 
VK_LUNARG_direct_driver_loading 

I use the latest Radeon Drivers with an RX6700XT and as of Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1 Highlights it should actually be available.

I also have a pretty current VulkanSDK installed (1.3.239.0) so i really dont know where the problem is 🤔

Is it a bug? Or am i maybe doing something terribly wrong?

0 Likes
2 Replies
exa211
Journeyman III

Resolved, i queried the wrong extensions.

0 Likes
eefreeth
Adept I

Hi there have you try installing only driver, I repeat only driver, not with Radeon software?

How to do that?

-First download 7zip

-The AMD Software Adrenalin 23.12.1 from 12/5/2023

-Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.7.0

Once you have those install 7zip on your system and unzip the AMD software (yes the exe file with 7zip) the folder will be:

"whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.12.1-win10-win11-dec5-rdna\Packages\Drivers\Display" on "display" folder is the file named "u0398226.inf" thats the driver file

Same with DDU.exe .- Unzip with 7zip and there is the previous step 

Then go to Windows on Safe Mode with network

Use Wagnardsoft Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.7.0 to uninstall your actuall driver

Open Control manager

Windows devices and instal manually the driver, start again the system and there you go without the Adrenalin software and try to to activate the extension: VK_KHR_shader_non_semantic_info 

0 Likes