cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Xoxen
Journeyman III

DCS World with 3x WQHD displays, 16GB RAM necessary?

Hi Folks,

this is my first post and to be honest, I am (was) a Nvidia fanboy since 3 dfx went bancrupt. As I´'m playing DCS world and my actual GTX 1080 TI is always at the RAM limit with my resolution of 3x 2560x1440, I have an eye on the RX 6800 XT card. 16 GB would help me and the speed should be higher as well. RTX 3080 has only 10 GB of RAM, mine has 11 GB already, so I doubt it would be benefitial. I would love to convert to AMD but actually the world is against my plans. Not possible to get a card for a fair price. Sad, but anyway. Maybe someone here around has experience to share with me in regards to the extra RAM in DCS world or in general at high resolutions like mine.

Take care,

Xoxen

0 Likes
1 Reply
Xoxen
Journeyman III

OK, nearly 2 years later I can answer everything by my own. The extra RAM was not giving me better performance. DCS World used everything, but the card at that resolution was appr. 10% above the 1080Ti. I switched to a 3080 and it performed much better (+50% over the 1080 Ti). So the result was, that at that times (maybe this might have changed with new drivers), the green card was better for my purpose. In the meantime I´m at a 4080 but still have an eye on the new red cards. Maybe I´m back again one time. As I have moved to a 49" display with 5120x1440 resolution I might not have issues anymore.

0 Likes