cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newcomers Start Here

quattN1T
Adept I

Adrenaline software 22.5.1

I am running an old program Grand Prix Legends which requires driver 22.5.1. to support both the Dirextx and the  OpenGL rasteriser options.Currentlly my computer has a Ryzen 5 5600G  with Adrenaline 23.5.2 which does not support the OpenGL option although there is an option to select Triple Buffering for OpenGL !!!

Where can I obtain version 22.5.1 please?

0 Likes
1 Solution
quattN1T
Adept I

Er..... I have found the driver. It's still on my computer in the AMD Folder in the C drive. I have reinstalled it, and GPL works with either rasteriser as it did before the Windows update.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
quattN1T
Adept I

Er..... I have found the driver. It's still on my computer in the AMD Folder in the C drive. I have reinstalled it, and GPL works with either rasteriser as it did before the Windows update.

GenevieveRomo
Journeyman III

Hy there i can see your post and i must say

1. Check Game Compatibility: Verify if there are any official patches or updates for Grand Prix Legends that might address compatibility issues with modern hardware and graphics drivers. Some older games have patches released by the developers or the community to enhance compatibility.

2. Driver Rollback: Since the game requires an older driver version (22.5.1), you could try rolling back your graphics driver to that specific version. This might allow you to access the required OpenGL options for the game. However, driver rollbacks could affect the performance and compatibility of other applications or newer games.

3. Virtual Machine or Emulator: If you're unable to get the required driver to work on your current system, you might consider running the game within a virtual machine or using a compatibility layer/emulator. Tools like VirtualBox, VMware, or software like DOSBox can help you run older software on modern hardware. 

4. Compatibility Mode: Right-click on the game executable (or its shortcut), go to Properties, and look for a Compatibility tab. You might be able to enable compatibility mode for an older version of Windows. This can sometimes help with running older software.

Thanks and regards

GenevieveRomo