cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Discussions

Beb
Journeyman III

Loading the ProRender 3.3.15 plugin in Maya 2022.3 causes a Fatal Error in MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

I've tried loading the ProRender plugin (3.3.15) in Maya 2022.1 and 2022.3 on two different Macs running Mojave 10.14.6 and it causes a Fatal Error and crashes Maya every time. It happens whether I directly check the "Loaded" box or check "Auto Load" and restart Maya (in which case it crashes Maya on startup).

The first Mac is officially supported by AMD, according to the website's system requirements. It's a 2019 iMac with a Radeon Pro 555X 2GB and 8GB of system RAM.

The other Mac isn't officially supported but I see no reason why it wouldn't work, given its specs. It's a mid-2010 Mac Pro with a Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB (powered by Pixla's mod of the internal power supply) and 24GB of system RAM. Since this machine runs Mojave, Maya and the Vega 64 just fine, it seems the machine itself isn't the problem. The plugin seems to be at fault. That, or it's extremely picky about which Macs it will actually work in.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
david_s
Miniboss

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I looked into the issue, its possible that its some kind of local issue on your system.
I am able to confirm that the plugin is loading ok with Maya 2022.3 Mac OS on Big Sur 11.01 ,Catalina 10.15.7

Please try to update the mac OS and see if the plugin will load ok for you.

0 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply. An issue on one system...perhaps (although the Mac Pro has a clean install of 10.14.6 and the iMac has only a handful of 3rd party apps installed)...but an issue on both systems seems unlikely given that we're talking two different computers with two different architectures and nine years of technology separating them. Confirming 3.3.15 loads ok in Catalina and Big Sur is helpful, should I ever upgrade to one of those operating systems or purchase a new Mac. However, that's not an option for me at the moment on my existing computers. Furthermore, it doesn't really address the matter at hand, which is Mojave. It seems you would've tried loading the plugin under the same OS that exhibited the problem. Upon doing that, I can only see two realistic options for Mojave users. Either acknowledge that Mojave is no longer supported and update your website to reflect this or acknowledge that 3.3.15 has a bug that will be fixed in the next release that'll once again make ProRender compatible with Mojave.

0 Likes

Hi

Sorry for delay, i am able to confirm this on my end. Developers are aware of the issue.
as mentioned above if possible best solution at this time is to try to update your OS version.

0 Likes