Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Imperium
Journeyman III

XFX RX 6900 XT restarts the Pc

Hello everyone,

Starting from 3 weeks ago every time I open a game the screen goes black and the computer restarts.

My system is:

Motherboard: Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Extreme
CPU: Amd Ryzen 9 5950x
GPU: XFX Speedster Merc 319 Radeon RX 6700 XT Black 16Gb
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2 x 16Gb
SSD: Western Digital Black M.2 250 Gb (only for windows)
Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 12 1200W

Games that this happens to me: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, Tomb Raider, Battlefield, Apex Legends, Rainbow Six Extraction

Applications with which it happens: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Premier Pro, Blender, Autodesk Fusion 360

Tests I did: clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64, update the graphics card driver to the latest version, install an older driver, change the RAM memory modules, change the hard drives, change the power supply, mount the graphics card in another system . No matter what i change the situation persists. The graphics card is connected directly to the motherboard without using any Rizer, the power is carried out through two separate cables instead of one with a double connector, temperatures are normal between 45-60 degrees when the failures happen, disabled DCOM, put the Shaders Option in the Registry and set go to 0x3200, installed Windows 11 Pro X64, uninstalled previous drivers with DDU in Safe Mode.

Both the motherboard bios and drivers are up to date, the AMD driver is also up to date. I tried with old drivers and it also happens to me.

I also have to mention that the system is new, both the motherboard, cpu, ram and power supply bought 1 week ago.

Before mounting this graph I had an Nvidia 1060 6Gb with which this did not happen to me.

If someone has any other ideas that I could try in Bios or some other kind it will be highly appreciated.

Thank you and have a nice day all of you.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Hello, did you check the event from windows to see the kind of error that happens?

0 Likes

The event viewer says the tipical Error 41 witch is that i lost power to the Pc, besides that nothing much.

I tried also to install an older Driver but games like Call of Duty MW2 each time i start it it does like a check to see if i have the latest driver installed, and if it´s not it says that i should installe the latest one and try again.

So i´m stuck with the latest AMD driver.

0 Likes

Try the driver 22.5.1 and do this to play MW2 https://youtu.be/ZVeRFs37kSw. I did the same for my 6900xt and runs without any problem.

dmomb
Journeyman III

Hi, my attempt was to enable the standalone TPM in the bios. This has at least kept my MW2 going for quite some time.

0 Likes