cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fujiyama-95
Challenger

[XFX RX 590] Graphical issues, please help

What are these graphical issues i'm seeing? Lines coming from objects, textures acting weird etc.2019.06.11-05.50.png2019.05.30-17.20.png2019.06.02-15.49.png2019.05.22-07.05_04.png

29 Replies
marcello
Journeyman III

vram has a malfunction

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

this usually is either a driver error or a faulty VRAM
so if you overclocked your gpu ram before reverse it now and hope your ram isnt damaged

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS

My card comes Overclocked, it is the XFX RX 590 "Fatboy"

0 Likes

what temps do you have?
what timings on dram do you use? auto or 1 or 2?
do you increased your dram speed?

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

I've tried using all three of those settings actually, I don't think it helps or solves the problem, not sure.

DRAM speed? I don't even know what that is.

0 Likes

Oh DRAM = my ram sticks? If so, I have 16GB set to 2400mhz which it's supposed to be set to, on the back of the box I have it set to the same number so it matches in the BIOS and the back of the box.

0 Likes

Turn your oc down and or if you have flashed the bios, flash it back to the original.

0 Likes

My card comes Overclocked, it is the XFX RX 590 "Fatboy"

0 Likes

Have you made any changes to the grafix card settings?  If so set them back to default if you have not already.  If they are at default and you have checked the cable, or tried another cable, return it, it is bad.

0 Likes

I have set them to Dynamic before but, now I set it to Factory Default Settings.

I notice, while i'm in-game BFV for instance, playing Firestorm, I'm not using my full 8GB VRAM when playing on Ultra settings. My temps were also 70 ~ 80°c

0 Likes
fujiyama-95
Challenger

kingfish‌ amdmatt Any ideas what this could be?

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Could be a faulty graphics card, most likely the memory. 

You could try lowering the memory clock 100-200Mhz to see if that helps. If it does not, try the same with the core clock. 

0 Likes

Oh man! I got this card months ago and everything was working fine until recently I started noticing issues like this in all of my games. 

This is an XFX RX 590 "Fatboy" 8GB by the way and comes factory overclocked.

I also noticed, while i'm playing BFV for instance, all settings set to Ultra and I'm only using about 2 ~ 3 GB of VRAM. 

I was running a benchmark in Division 2 and managed to get it to use 6GB of VRAM but, only after setting the resolution to 4K and running the benchmark. I feel as if the VRAM is not being used all the way like it used to.

To lower the GPU clock, do I just edit State 7 MAX?

I'm making these changes ASAP and testing it in a game.

0 Likes

I tried doing exactly what you suggested and still the problem is there

0 Likes

You could try it in a different system if possible, but it looks like it might be faulty. 

0 Likes

Do you have any other suggestions? Like reducing clocks further or dropping voltage for GPU and memory?

0 Likes

No sorry, i would suggest an RMA with the manufacturer. 

0 Likes

Hey Mr. Matt, I have a huge problem. You got me thinking and others as well, adjusting the clocks down could fix my problem possibly. Well, I downvolted my GPU clock and was testing to see if the problem went away and I was using the reset button and factory default setting reset in AMD Radeon settings to get back the original values but, now it will not revert back to default voltage values no matter how many times I do a clean uninstall and reinstall the driver. Please, help me when you can.

0 Likes

Reinstalling the drivers puts all settings back to default. Try using DDU to remove the drivers and install them again and everything will be back at default settings. 

0 Likes

I spent the past two nights doing this, they will not come back no matter what. for some reason why it seems like the values are hardcoded into the gpu or something.

0 Likes

That's impossible to hard code new clocks into the GPU. 

Are you using any third party software to overclock the GPU such as MSI Afterburner or Sapphire Trixxx? If so that could be automatically adjusting clock speeds when the driver is installed. 

0 Likes

No sir, I do not overclock or anything like that, that's why a factory overclocked card for me is the best thing because I don't like to touch settings and I'd rather have a factory do it. 

One thing I did notice, I decided to plug in my old GPU R9 380 2GB (I'm pretty sure you remember it with my forum posts back with Battlefield Hardline) and the clock values were all factory default settings but, when I swapped cards back out again, still the RX 590 was displaying my lowered voltage values.

0 Likes

its not GPU clock BUT VRAM CLOCK!

0 Likes

Thank you for telling me this, do you have any suggestion on how to fix the VRAM clock?

0 Likes

Yes sir, I'm definitely looking to RMAing the card ASAP. It's barely a few months old, if that. I'm still covered by warranty and I'm registering the product first thing in the morning when I get the proof of purchase and date.

0 Likes

I ran HWInfo64 and while playing games, I wasn't seeing any GPU Memory errors. It came up 0 0 0 across the board. I don't know if that helps.

0 Likes

One thing I do notice is, textures will look horrible and then they will be looking great. Like the texture will look blank and then the textures will load in and look good. Is this a sign of anything?

0 Likes

Read some (name of game) graphics performance tweak guides, adjust/lower graphics settings may help.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I see the same thing on that game if I don't have my power limit set to 50 on my RX 580. I will still get them periodically in that game. It has been that way since launch but it is much better if you give the card a higher power ceiling. Don't know why it does this, none of the BF games did this before B1 & BV but they were also AMD sponsored back then.

0 Likes