cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

dra6o0n
Adept II
Adept II

XFX RX 470 4GB Single Fan / Randomly getting 100% GPU Load and temp fan starts to rise / OS and Process manager shows low GPU usage

Jump to solution

odd load.PNG

This PC has been reformatted before and has the Crimson 16.8.2 driver installed.

It's not a CPU/RAM/Etc issue, it's solely with this GPU that this seem to happen.

Also Wattman seems to crash a lot!

wattman crashed.PNG

I have a ASUS Strix R7 370 2GB and it did not do this ever, even with the latest drivers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
derrickgott007
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: XFX RX 470 4GB Single Fan / Randomly getting 100% GPU Load and temp fan starts to rise / OS and Process manager shows low GPU usage

Jump to solution

I experience the high load on desktop as well.  I spoke to AMDmatt who said it is a bug that they are actively working on.  If you use GPU-z you can see if your 480 goes 100% load on the desktop doing nothing.  I've found that putting your computer to sleep and waking it up will trigger the issue.  All that information has been turned over to AMDMatt so rest assured, they are working on it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
derrickgott007
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: XFX RX 470 4GB Single Fan / Randomly getting 100% GPU Load and temp fan starts to rise / OS and Process manager shows low GPU usage

Jump to solution

I experience the high load on desktop as well.  I spoke to AMDmatt who said it is a bug that they are actively working on.  If you use GPU-z you can see if your 480 goes 100% load on the desktop doing nothing.  I've found that putting your computer to sleep and waking it up will trigger the issue.  All that information has been turned over to AMDMatt so rest assured, they are working on it.

View solution in original post