cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Alaa_Mohd
Journeyman III

Windows Graphics Settings can't show AMD as an option: AMD Radeon Rx 640.

Hi there,

I am trying to switch between the integrated graphic card from intel and the AMD Radeon Rx 640 dedicated one using Windows Graphics Settings. However, it does not give me that option. Both power saving and high performance options uses the integrated one. I checked the device manager, both are properly detected. I checked the dxdiag and also every was fine. I tried reinstalling the driver and bunch of commands from discussion but with no change. The utilization percent of the card is always 0%.

Kindly help, if someone is familiar with it.

Regards.

Screenshot (199).pngScreenshot (200).pngScreenshot (201).pngScreenshot (202).png

0 Likes
3 Replies

Which graphics is used is selected by the user in Windows...not AMD. Which game or app does not show the option?

Go to Windows settings / system / display ..and scroll down to 'graphics'. Add the exe of the game and choose the high power graphics.

Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png

I already attached a screenshot.

The system (Windows) uses intel for both Power saving and High performance. It won't show the AMD.

0 Likes

Are you saying that you are trying to use the high powered graphics for ' Installshield' ? Do you have the same options when you choose a game .exe ?